Calendar Based App - Possible\Feasable?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
c3p file of my tutorial make calendar in construct 3
  • Hi all, spend most of my time creating media for 3D world, but still love to tinker with C2.

I have been asked to make a calendar based app, and wondering if it is actually feasible or even possible with C2.

The app would need:

1) to be able to create a calendar type interface

2) be able to save data for user selected days (just a couple of simple numbers (hours on a job for example)

3) retrieve that info for read back purposes when scrolling from month to month

4) possibly store that info in the cloud (dropbox)

Is this possible?

Any ideas on best approach to this kind of thing?

Are there any calendar plugins available? (tried searching calendar and just get a couple of Cordova related topics returned)

I will go off and begin a slow crawl through the plethora of plugins in the Addons Forum, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi all, spend most of my time creating media for 3D world, but still love to tinker with C2.

I have been asked to make a calendar based app, and wondering if it is actually feasible or even possible with C2.

The app would need:

1) to be able to create a calendar type interface

2) be able to save data for user selected days (just a couple of simple numbers (hours on a job for example)

3) retrieve that info for read back purposes when scrolling from month to month

4) possibly store that info in the cloud (dropbox)

Is this possible?

Any ideas on best approach to this kind of thing?

Are there any calendar plugins available? (tried searching calendar and just get a couple of Cordova related topics returned)

I will go off and begin a slow crawl through the plethora of plugins in the Addons Forum, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

Is this something that is designed to be mobile, or web-based?

In either case, there are a lot of native tools to do this, while in C2 you will have to implement a lot of the functionality yourself. I have done something like this in C2, but it took MUCH longer to do it in C2 than similar systems built in JavaScript and in Objective C:

http://simbucket.com/chemthinkserver/chemthink/index.html?as

If you are interested, feel free to create a teacher account and log in to see what this might look like. It is designed with a scrolling list view, rather than a weekly or monthly calendar, but it does most of what you are looking to do:

2) It stores the due date for an assignment.

3) It retrieves the name of the assignment and the due date in the student assignments screen.

4) Everything is stored on a php web server so that students can see their own data and teachers can see all of their students' data.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)