C2 Slow Down Over Time

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind
  • 23s with Construct 2 R 250,Hopefully when i get a ssd it'll be a tad bit faster

• 23s with Construct 2 R 250,Hopefully when i get a ssd it'll be a tad bit faster

An SSD is life-changing, especially in app development. It makes everything faster. Loading assets, saving, compiling, opening, closing...everything. It is an investment in your time which is priceless.

• My C2 actually loads faster on my regular drive compared to my SSD for some reason. All other softwares I have loads way faster on the SSD though Maybe C2 startup time is based on something else than write speed?

• I've had a very similar problem to this with intense slowdown occurring every 30 minutes or so.

I had found a temporary fix in which I had to close any dialogues and then minimize and then un-minimize C2.

Before that it was just closing down C2 and restarting it.

A few days ago I switched it so that C2 runs off of my dedicated graphics card instead of the integrated one and I don't think I've had to minimize/un-minimize since then, so I'm calling it fixed.

I'm hoping this helps someone down the line cause this was really frustrating having to deal with this problem for years.

• I've had a very similar problem to this with intense slowdown occurring every 30 minutes or so.

I had found a temporary fix in which I had to close any dialogues and then minimize and then un-minimize C2. ...

Same thing for me but I'm not running C2 on a laptop so it must be something else causing these slowdowns.

• Construct Steam edition with Steam overlay ON - can cause delay

I agree. There is a chance the Steam overlay has an impact over C2 performance.

I would also recommend to check the program layout in View -> Style, and consider setting it to Basic. I had suffered from this progressive issue for months, then I happened to discover that changing the style 'restored' the software speed (maybe because changing it, triggers a significant reset in the software). If it happens with all styles, try changing them from time to time.

The problem came out on all PC's where I used C2 (that is 4 devices), no matter their performance (even 16 GB RAM and common powerful video cards equipped with various drivers). It is unlikely to be a driver problem (only, or at all).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just popping in to say I've had mostly the same issues. Saving and loading are dramatically longer. I've had at least 3 or 4 instances of the "Saving..." progress bar popping up and the program either going straight to "Not Responding" or the progress bar just not filling up or even showing the "working..." animation to indicate anything is going on in the background. This has led to the project being corrupted twice in the last two days.

Lag is often and severe. Opening the animation dialogue, switching between animations, and creating a new animation are particularly bad, and when I close the dialogue, the Properties Bar spends 7-8 seconds cycling through the whole project and freezing once it gets to the end before I can do anything. Same thing happens when I delete an object from the project.

Steam overlay off, style set to basic, computer restarted, nothing helps. I would roll back to r250, but as far as I can tell, you can't do that with a Steam purchase.

• silvermaan

Just curious - are you on Windows 10?

If the answer is yes, try restarting your PC, for many people it temporary helps with C2 lags. For a few hours or days after the reboot, C2 runs much faster.

You can also try running a little test from this post to check if lagging gets worse when you open/close C2 editor many times.

• Checking this thread because im rpetty sure yesterday my C2 took really long to boot.

Well, tried now and after 5 secs of double click, C2 is up and running.

0 plugins or addons, btw. Re-installed about 4 days ago after a long pause...

• Obligatory bump: C2 now takes around 25 seconds to open and there's no Welcome screen at all (with recent projects and such).

Damn son!

• Just out of curiosity, check the frequency of the file auto-save and the size of your file.

I say this because when the file starts to have a large size and the auto-save happens, C2 stops to save and prevents its use.

Maybe this has something to do with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)