C2 Hangs on saving

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match the similar cards with each other and free all animals!
  • Well, yesterday after my failed 'save' experience, I ran into a new issue. (I am not running any file cleaners or other hard drive utilities).

This time, I saved and C2 hung with the 'Saving' dialog box running perpetually. I had to use Task Manager to terminate the program. It shows 'Saving auto-backup file...' in the bottom -- this is a shot of my 'crash'....

There are clearly problems with C2 in the saving and backup features. ... Thankfully, after yesterday's experience, I have good backup system.

... What will tomorrow bring?

• I have had save take a long time and stutter from time to time.

When this happens, what does task manager say? how much resources is your cpu, ram, and HDD using?

Is it a big project?

Have you let it "hang" for awhile? I have had times where it "hangs" during a save so I walk away and when I come back it is saved and back to normal.

• Thanks for checking, I walked away for about 10 minutes, then killed it... it's a small project. I have good backup systems, multiple copies now in place. I've moved on...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This has come up a couple of times and I had it a while ago. Do you, by chance, happen to have a Microsoft Office file saved and open in the root folder of the project (or sub-folder)?

• No MS office, but I use Sublime2 for text edits, which I have used on files in the same directory folder that may have been opened ... I have actually moved to a separate folder now, but this is very crazy. Whatever may be causing the trouble, I wish C2 was a little more graceful in handling the problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)