Bug with timescale and music?.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hi, I do not know if this is a bug but at least I think it is not correct and should not behave like that, because if you want to change the song playback speed then you use "Set playback rate".

The issue is:

Set Timescale to >1

Play a song, then the song playback speed will be affected by the timescale of the game.

Now this:

Set timescale to <1

Play a song, then the song playback speed will not be affected by the game timescale.

Bug?.

I think there should be the option (when playing a song) to allow if the song will be affected by timescale.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/testMusicTimescale.capx

In the capx press the keys "+" and "-" and listen to the music track, you can also allow yourself to dance while you wait for the single payment for C3!

• You can set the music or sound playback rate in the sound effects controls.

I don't think it is a bug because using a negative number would be reversing the music and stop point is zero and set point is 1. So any positive number from 0 to 1 would slow the music down and over 1 would speed it up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So if there is already a "set playback rate" for the song reproduction speed, why timescale also affects the song reproduction speed ?.

A negative value in timescale can cause the music to be heard at a slower rate.

• So if there is already a "set playback rate" for the song reproduction speed, why timescale also affects the song reproduction speed ?.

A negative value in timescale can cause the music to be heard at a slower rate.

Just a guess but the playback rate is probably tied to game timescale which makes sense. If the game slowed or sped up but music did not change it would not seem right.

You can over ride the game time scale with the music playback rate I think but I did not try it.

• Timescale can't be negative.

Things can't go backwards.

It's kind of like waiting for the next feature blog.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)