Black borders

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a black tileset with 2 tilemaps, props, one animated character and more.
  • Hello every body !

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I got black borders in the left and right part of my app

The image is preview in browser (using chrome extension "Ripple") and as you can see, there is black border.

The borders appears also when I compile and Upload it to my device

However, my mobile is 1280 x 720 (16:9) and in my project 1920x1080, also 16:9

Last thing, Fullscreen is set to letterbox scale.

I don't know what to do, thanks for your help

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Those look like black bars from letterbox scale. Check you really do have the right aspect ratio; sometimes software buttons (such as back/home) or the status bar at the top (battery etc.) take up a small amount of screen space, and cause the remaining space aspect ratio to change slightly.

• Ooh

Thanks for you answer, I will take a look at this.

I had not thought about it.

Moreover, it's not the first time they appears.

Anyway, I will check that

Is there a way to solve that for other devices ? (If I solve the problem, it will appears on other devices, i guess)

• Well, one option is not to use letterbox scale, and use one of the variable aspect ratio scaling options like scale inner or scale outer. But that can make it harder to design levels and menus that display well in all cases.

• Ok, I'll do that

Thank you so much for your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)