Awesomium 1.7 RC3 is ready..!!!!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Ready to use construct 3 game template and release to mobile divice.
  • Hopes crushed. Dem feels. :(

• Hope dies at last...what is with the Zip-File that Awesomium have made for Ashley? Is it a Error within Ashley's Code?

KMag

• Hope dies at last...what is with the Zip-File that Awesomium have made for Ashley? Is it a Error within Ashley's Code?

KMag

According to Awesomium it is - but I would very much like to hear Ashleys take on this.

And I would also like RC3 included in the next release - so we have a change to try it out on our games. I would like to have something to report back to Awesomium too.

• Yes, it seems like Ashley Check this out at the moment - hopefully Ashley can find the Devil in the Code....

KMag

• Yes, it seems like Ashley Check this out at the moment - hopefully Ashley can find the Devil in the Code....

KMag

That would make my life so much easier - Unfortunately my current game is depending on Awesomium - and Awesomium seems to be the weakest link of the C2 chain at the moment :)

• Good news! I've managed to properly enable GPU acceleration (turns out Awesomium had a flag you had to turn on that was off by default, duh). However there are still some minor issues with V-sync that hopefully can be resolved. Should be much better for the next build anyway! Updates in the thread I linked to.

• Awesome news! So - for clarification - we can now expect 'Chrome or better' performance?

Hooray!

• Even 2/3 of Chrome would be awesome in 1080p fullscreen ;)

This is good news. Looking forward to it, VSync issues or not. That's just minor compared to missing GPU acc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Aaaahhhh...Good News Ashley.....Vote for 60 FPS in fullscreen....

KMag

• Hmm... I've tested it on some lower end systems and it still doesn't seem to be up to Chrome's standard. I think we need to solve the issue with V-syncing. I'll release it as-is for the next build anyway, but it might need some more work still.

• Not sure what V-syncing is, but hopefully it will solve our problem!

• V-sync tries to keep the framerate of the game in sync with your monitor's refreshrate/framerate.

I reckon Awesomnium won't be good untill Decemember or sometime next year it seems.

• You never know, could be a small bug somewhere preventing it from running as it should natively in chrome.

• Hopefully it is only a little small bug and Ashley can find it...waiting to next year will be horrible...

KMag

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)