[Ashley or someone else] Audio bug fix and r217

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • I hope someone can answer this, if not at least I hope Ashley will. I made the bug report regarding the audio resume not working and its great that it got fixed.

However since I made the report and this wasn't something that I found out by accident, but its a bug in my current program that I of course would like to get fixed by updating to r217. However my program also rely heavily on NWjs. Said in another way, without it, my program can't run.

However reading other peoples posts, including the r217 release note, I don't feel like I will be able to use the new alpha version of NWjs, without it causing some serious problems for my program.

Why some general bug fixes are entangled with some alpha release of NW.js which clearly stated several places are causing a lot of problems I really don't understand, even if r217 is a beta release.

I assume that if something is wrong with the bug fixes in C2, these can be sorted, but any bugs found in the required NW.js alpha will not be. And since its not possible to apply the C2 fixes without also applying the NW.js as well, its not in general a good beta release.

Everything as it is now works "fine" with the last NW.js except the audio resume. So is there any way to fix that, without having to update NW.js as well?

Maybe like installing r217 to another location and copy over some files which will fix this bug or something, so I don't have to update to the new version of NW.js. Its a bit frustrating to make a bug report for something, because its actually a bug you experience, seeing it will get fixed, and then when it does, you can't do it, without the risk of ruining your whole program.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can download NW.js yourself from their site and copy the package.nw file that Construct 2 exports over to whichever version you chose, and it should work with that version of NW.js. We have to update NW.js at some point, and the first beta release in a beta cycle is probably the best time to do that. There were several other bug reports affecting NW.js that were Chromium bugs that were long since fixed, so older versions are not necessarily less buggy. Hopefully we can get NW.js 0.13 working reliably through the next beta cycle.

• You can download NW.js yourself from their site and copy the package.nw file that Construct 2 exports over to whichever version you chose, and it should work with that version of NW.js. We have to update NW.js at some point, and the first beta release in a beta cycle is probably the best time to do that. There were several other bug reports affecting NW.js that were Chromium bugs that were long since fixed, so older versions are not necessarily less buggy. Hopefully we can get NW.js 0.13 working reliably through the next beta cycle.

Cheers Ashley and don't get me wrong, I love any updates added. My thoughts were just that the general bug fixes for C2 could have been added in a r217 release. And a major update like NW.js in r218 on its own.

Anyway ill have a look at copying the package.nw file.

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)