0 Favourites

Arrays don't work when uploaded to bitballoon

  • So I made a program, works fine when I test it myself but when I uploaded it to bitballoon it stopped working correctly. To double check what the problem was I made a textbox that shows one of the values in an array that the user creates and sure enough after tying in the value nothing came up so it seems like arrays aren't functioning properly when uploaded with this site. Is there anyway to fix that? I've been exporting as an HTML file and then converting it to a zip file that I upload to the site, everything else seems to work fine

  • Check the font size inside the text box. You might have it not set to auto, so smaller window sizes will cause the font to be too large to be displayed. You can also use the browser log action to display the asjson of the array, just to confirm that it's correct, and to display the text box.text value.

  • I've used bitballoon to host many games and not had any problem with arrays, which I use often. I don't zip the files though - maybe that's part of the problem?

  • Check the font size inside the text box. You might have it not set to auto, so smaller window sizes will cause the font to be too large to be displayed. You can also use the browser log action to display the asjson of the array, just to confirm that it's correct, and to display the text box.text value.

    I don't believe its the font size because instead of displaying nothing it displays 0 but I will try checking the browser log and check the rray

  • Ok so I tried checking the array using the console and it looks like the values just aren't being saved. I set the value of the array to A but the console displayed 0.

    Just to see if I could reproduce the error I made a program with just a textbox, array, text, and a button. When the user pushes the button the value in the textbox is put into the array and displayed on screen. This worked totally fine so there must be something else wrong with my coding although I have no idea what it is

  • I think I fixed the issue, I've been using local storage and an integer variable was being turned into a string which was causing errors

  • Construct 3

    Buy Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great news that you've identified and fixed the problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)
Similar Topics Posts Views Last Post
Unread sticky
4,517 857,140
Tinimations's avatar
Tinimations
Unread sticky
1,586 437,199
matriax's avatar
matriax
Unread hot topic
378 33,249
part12studios's avatar
part12studios