Are there any C2 games on Steam?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • GG-Works congrats.. hope you get greenlit..

one comment about your video the "director's cut". The beginning has a back story with slides of text. It's way too fast, it passed before I could read any of them fully! just letting you know..

• GG-Works congrats.. hope you get greenlit..

one comment about your video the "director's cut". The beginning has a back story with slides of text. It's way too fast, it passed before I could read any of them fully! just letting you know..

Apologies, when editing the video all I had at my disposal was Movie Maker. I used images to make the intro, however the original showed the slide for far longer, and if the intro dragged on without showing gameplay people would lose interest, it doesn't let you fully edit images or clips. I've tried using other video editing software but had far less favorable results due to horrible compression and frame rate loss, as I type this, I just now received email for my Lightworks access. What I plan to do is upload my old intro clip, and some raw gameplay footage in the next coming days. This is coming from a lone dev on a very small budget!

• They don't actually say how the voting works.. I think it's a relative interest in your game that counts. I'm not really sure though.. I think there's probably a review team..

It says X% to top 100, what does that even mean? If you make it to top 100, only then will your game be considered? So vague..

• if the intro dragged on without showing gameplay people would lose interest

I would cross-cut gameplay footage in between your slides (the one's with story text).. not sure if you are saying you couldn't do that.. but anyways, that's one good way to show gameplay quickly in a video is to have it in between cuts of story telling... you should be able to do it in Lightworks...

• A bit off topic

Placing a game on greenlight too early can cause it to lose a lot of votes.

As said earlier... people cannot bridge the gap from early stages to its potential.

My game lost a lot of votes due to making this mistake.

The stuff im showing now on greenlight, and the stuff im posting tomorrow / errr well in a few hours are significantly different.

I saw Xoi San, it's got an insane level of comments (over 2,400) and heaps of interest. So it looks like you are doing something right!

• Yes the game has interest. We have been #16 of the top 100 for 4 weeks now. With 2 batches being greenlit during that time.

Basically what Valve says is that, they take the following into consideration before greenlighting a game.

Number of votes, external reviews and whether or not the community is talking about it outside of greenlight.

• helloo..

i want to ask something,i have tried to export my games with node webkit,but that make my game size very big for windows,what happen with it ya?

• Yes the game has interest. We have been #16 of the top 100 for 4 weeks now. With 2 batches being greenlit during that time.

Basically what Valve says is that, they take the following into consideration before greenlighting a game.

Number of votes, external reviews and whether or not the community is talking about it outside of greenlight.

Well, if that's the case (external reviews & talking about it outside greenlight), I have no chance. Can't even get any gaming site to take a bite.

• helloo..

i want to ask something,i have tried to export my games with node webkit,but that make my game size very big for windows,what happen with it ya?

Node Webkit is a wrapper (containing a browser and half a dozen libraries), so the resulting applications are quite a bit bigger than your typical compiled application written in C/C++ or ASM.

Can't really do anything about it, 'cept for compressing your assets or using something like UPX*. Using UPX or similar products will, however, have an impact on RAM usage.

Alternatively, one could surely fork Node Webkit into something with a smaller footprint.

*http://upx.sourceforge.net/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Number of votes, external reviews and whether or not the community is talking about it outside of greenlight.

yeah that makes sense.. I think they are just trying to make sure you are making an honest effort and care about your game. It helps them promote "quality games" and not just student or test projects or stuff that shouldn't be out there. However not everyone comes across that way so easily. This is where the whole PR thing comes in... seems like you really need to forge a relationship with people (the public) to generate interest in your game.

• > Number of votes, external reviews and whether or not the community is talking about it outside of greenlight.

>

yeah that makes sense.. I think they are just trying to make sure you are making an honest effort and care about your game. It helps them promote "quality games" and not just student or test projects or stuff that shouldn't be out there. However not everyone comes across that way so easily. This is where the whole PR thing comes in... seems like you really need to forge a relationship with people (the public) to generate interest in your game.

Steam vote and comments are already a source of support from the wide public & potential customers.

It sounds like they want actual game site media coverage, external reviews and such...

So you need to forge a relationship not with people (the public), but game site editors. Which I am starting to loathe with all their responds of "pay us and we'll review your game" rubbish. I'd rather prefer no respond, or a direct respond "your game is crap, no thanks".

• Well, if that's the case (external reviews & talking about it outside greenlight), I have no chance. Can't even get any gaming site to take a bite.

no way.. I just saw your demo video for your game.. it looks great! very GSB (Gratuitous Space Battles) but with actual game content!

I think you just need some PR... get the game reviewed, do a devlog or some other way people can hear/see you talk about the game and who you are as a developer. The game world is too saturated to just put out a good game (unless you already have some fame)... you need to put a face on it.. your face. Get some film students to do like a 5 minute doc on you and your game... and post that!

• you need to forge a relationship not with people (the public), but game site editors.

sure I'll agree with that.. but game site editors could be more prone to reviewing your game if there is more interest publicly... or if somehow they see your game has "buzz" around it. I don't think this a tangible thing...

of course, I know nothing as I've never gone down that road personally... the only thing I do know, is that there are SOO many games out there, and the universal question is.. "what makes you different?", and the answer is you. You are different. So make people listen.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)