Anyone Making Money on Google Play with C2?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hello,

I dabble writing ad-supported apps for Google Play and do make limited amounts of revenue. I average around $25 per day that is income generated from AdMob adverts running in my 'free' apps. My very-basic apps are written in eclipse and though I can throw together a simple app and drop an interstitial ad in there, I want to move to the next level and create an app with some kind of longevity (multiplayer, levels etc). C2 appears to offer a simplified way of doing that.

After looking around the forums and using the demo I 'think' I'm ready to buy the C2 + Sprites bundle. However, though I see a lot of passion for C2, is anybody actually making money with C2, and if so, how much per day?

I have also read of issues with lagging when creating an android APK - any tips?

Thanks all.

• is anybody actually making money with C2, and if so, how much per day?

I think it'll be best if you read this thread.

I have also read of issues with lagging when creating an android APK - any tips?

I think it is always comes down to this.

• Thanks but both links don't answer my question. Has anybody made money on Google Play with C2?

The threads just go off into diatribes as to Unity vs C2 but is anybody making money with C2 or is it just a cool gadget maker?

• JLH, without looking at the thread, I'm going to say, "Yes" people make (and can make) money with C2 on the appstore.

Just because C2 is easy to use and very visual doesn't mean that it's not an IDE. Technically, C2 is a gaming RAD IDE (rapid application development interface development environment). It is probably best suited to rapidly deploying prototypes, but is entirely capable of many types of software with their quality being limited only by the person making them.

With that said, C2 games are still games. If you release a game and it tanks, it is not C2s fault. If you release a game that sells well, it also is not a direct cause of C2. It's yours.

• Oh, and as for performance, performance has been great for me on mobile. As with any engine, load too many resources or do something dumb in your code, and it will stagger.

• is anybody making money with C2 or is it just a cool gadget maker?

Anybody can fail and succeed just by any tools. .

Personally I use C2 as a gamemaker, I don't see a way to use it as money maker, but then again, it is the game that can make me some money... hmmm... interesting... If Unity and C2 produce the same exact game, I wonder which will have more success/money... hmmmm... interesting.....

Thanks but both links don't answer my question. Has anybody made money on Google Play with C2?

If that doesn't answer your question, I think you're not asking in general? Is it supposed to be a survey? If it is supposed to be a survey, tag your thread title with [Survey], so that you'll get statistical answer rather than philosophical answer.

• Thanks all. I do appreciate the feedback. I'm just looking for a :

"Yes. I make $500 per month using C2 apps" kind of response.

Also, don't set too high a bar on C2 making money. Especially with the new Admob plugin added, I can see C2 apps generating decent income - hence my question.

• We have good daily earnings from Google Play, but only on two paid apps.

our free app is not earning much.

But both are made in Construct 2..

• i made 0,51€ so far with one (buggy) game and using admob

but i only started using playstore a week ago

• I don't have any apps in the market but I have websites, and if apps admob is anything like adsense it's more of an annoyance to your visitors than it is a money making vehicle. Freemium models need high numbers of users or deceptive ad placement to really generate revenue in my opinion. I would barely call $500 a month money though either.

• Thanks all - as for $500 a month not being 'money'. I disagree. I earn approx. $800 on Admob and that $800 is fun-money that is usable however way I like. For example $130 of it this month will be buying my C2 license.

I will take a 'free' $500 per month anytime you don't want it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's not about Construct 2 but rather finding good niche and good keywords. If you will find good ones, then you can make totally crap - and people will download it anyway. If you will create game like "Happy Crocodile In The Jungle" then I guess nobody will download it - because of bad keywords.

So it's more about SEO in Google Play than C2 itself.

• Thanks all. I do appreciate the feedback. I'm just looking for a :

"Yes. I make $500 per month using C2 apps" kind of response.

Also, don't set too high a bar on C2 making money. Especially with the new Admob plugin added, I can see C2 apps generating decent income - hence my question.

You can look more into the forums for these types of things. Also take the time to google games made with C2. https://www.scirra.com/forum/c2-games-on-google-play-android-market_t76463

• Thanks Apox - the C2 search is handy. I'm amazed by the list of C2 very good looking games and the abysmal downloads they have on Google Play. The apps I have written in eclipse (Java) are poor quality compared to the C2 list of games. However, because of the subject matter I chose, I average over 2000 downloads per week over approx. 8 apps.

szymek - you are correct. Ive spent months writing an app in eclipse that generates pennies a week and my top app ($15 per day) I wrote in an hour using eclipse. The latter is the only one out there and so generates hundreds of downloads a day (see above).

it will be interesting to see what happens if I use the ease of C2 to improve my games but still target my genre of app.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)