animation or events?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • Before I do what I have plan to do, I though to ask you.

I want to make nice animated logo (few letters appearing from nowhere) for my game but can't make my mind which way I should go.

I though about using two metods:

1. One 280x40 image with transparency and xxx frames

2. 25-30 quite small sprites (max 30x20) and animate them by events.

My biggest question is: what will work better for browser game?

Inserting one image with very long animation - thinking about 7s = a lot of frames (aprox. 2kb when everything is displayed on frame) or 30 small images with a lot of events.

Obviously playing already animated sprite will be easier and faster to implement instead of setting events for every sprite to achieve same looking effect - basic stuff with opacity, size and timing.

• Whenever possible, I would recommend animating things by events and sprites. It makes for a much, much smaller download, and actually is smoother than animation frames (unless you're really going to import an animation with 60 frames per second). Yes it's a bit more work, but IMO it's much better.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Ashley. Not affraid of extra work with events, I was more concern about speed and quality after export to web. If I can get better results by making more 100 events than import 100 frames i will go that way :)

Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)