Animation Blending?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • Hi guys,

I am trying to make a animation blending system where the legs of the robot I am animating will stop at a specific frames (14 and 29) where both the feets are touching the ground.

I have set it up so that if the animation is playing, as long as the animation frame is not 14 or 29, a loop will loop through the animationframe and play the animation until it stops at 14/29.

When the robot walks again then, it will continue from the previous frame (again 14 or 29).

For some reason however it seems like I am facing an issue with the blending. The frame will stop at the nearest frame, but it will just stop abruptly instead of easing in.

I hope I am making some sense?

If anyone is willing, here's the Capx for you to dissect the errors I made.

Thanks alot for your time and I appreciate any insight for this.

Edit:

I have uploaded into Arcade for those who want to test.

Arcade

• I'm still learning the ropes but I believe I can shed a little light on to this problem.

Your trying to perform that action 'every tick' or every cycle. This is a lot quicker than what you need. It's sorta doing what you want, just really quickly.

There could be a really easy way so take the following with a pinch of salt...

You could bind the event to a key release and then have a timer running that cycles through the frames (increasing the timer to increase the time between frames and achieve that easing effect you want) javascript you could use SetInteval() not sure about construct however they might be a plugin for it.

• dsarchy thanks alot! That's actually what I had in mind, though my initial test gave me some weird problems.

I solved this issue with another test on Construct Classic, as I am more familiar with it. For anyone that is interested, I have upload the cap file here.

Note: Done Using Construct Classic. Can't open with Construct2.

Animation Ease In/Out

• Thats cool! Thank you! I didn?t really get how do you did that, but it feels and looks cool

• Thanks TastyBytes. Basically I just stored the frame number that the animation has when both legs are touching the ground, in this case about 16 and 29. Every time you make him move, the animation will loop as usual like a walk cycle until you stop, then a loop will check which frame you stop at. Then from there, it will loop to either frame 14 or 29.

Hope it makes sense

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yung@

'I am trying to make a animation blending system where the legs of the robot I am animating will stop at a specific frames (14 and 29) where both the feets are touching the ground.'

capx

(its close enough !)

• Wow, that's so much more cleaner! Thanks for the help chrisbrobs!! Gonna implement on top of this :D Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)