Animated "Native Splash Screen" Possible?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of 10 amazing sprite sheet animations for your incredible games
  • Hi awesome people of awesome community,

I was wondering if there is a way to get animated splash for android, is there a plugin to do that?

I found this so far "cordova-plugin-animated-splashscreen - npm"... Google it!

Edit : Note : i am talking about the Splash we see at the launch of the game (ex: cocoon splash) and not about the loader layout!

• Bump!

• I've always got around this by setting a layout as the loader layout and having an animation on that.

Used to work when compiling with Ludei CocoonJS but I know they've made a lot of changes to that in the 2 years since i've exported for mobile so no idea if this still works.

• AM_Games

I dont think your solution will work because loader layout comes after loading the events and scripts

thats when the splash is shown and i want to make that animate!

Thanks for replying though!

• this should answer all your questions.

scirra.com/tutorials/318/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens

loader layouts are not useful for android apps it seems

you can put a custom picture on the progress bar though.

and once loaded you can have all the fancy splashes that you want.

• this should answer all your questions.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/318/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens

you can put a custom picture on the progress bar though.

and once loaded you can have all the fancy splashes that you want.

Why would i want a splash after the game is loaded, i was asking about the "Splash" example : Cocoon splash! that is shown just when the game is launched, i dont know why everyone is confusing it with loader layout i am being very clear about the splash at the launch of the game... i want to animate that!

• NetOne

It is very useful for large projects and especially apps with assets that are more than a single spritesheet or those apps with custom initializations.

> this should answer all your questions.

>

> scirra.com/tutorials/318/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens

>

> loader layouts are not useful for android apps it seems

> you can put a custom picture on the progress bar though.

> and once loaded you can have all the fancy splashes that you want.

Why would i want a splash after the game is loaded, i was asking about the "Splash" example : Cocoon splash! that is shown just when the game is launched, i dont know why everyone is confusing it with loader layout i am being very clear about the splash at the launch of the game... i want to animate that!

Because you clearly don't know yet what you are talking about. He clearly was trying to explain to you the solution without telling you that you didn't make any sense! That's how most of us do it here. If you don't want the usual way, I'll be happy to be frank to you.

The Custom Loader Layout, is a layout that is specially designed to make Splash Screens that are animated, single image, transitioned or etc. To have a presentable loading screen on initial application startup while the game is still loading the assets and developer's custom preload.

This is what you are looking for. The Custom Loader Layout.

Although if you want to animate a native SplashScreen instead, by overriding Construct 2 / Construct 3's Custom Loader Layout, a.k.a SplashScreen, and a.k.a Animated SplashScreen.

You will need the Cordova plugin cordova-plugin-splashscreen, which I guess you don't fully know yet since you are asking this question, and someone who would know would already realize this in the first place.

But this one (Native Splashscreen), can't be animated as Cocoon's SplashScreen can't be animated.

The reason is that, Animated SplashScreens need to know what they have to do. Hence, they need to load the script.

This cordova plugin cordova-plugin-animated-splashscreen, does the same thing as what Construct does with custom loader layouts.

Using the script from the c2runtime defined by the data.js, only that Construct loads it all at the same time.

You don't need to look for another when you already have one, built-in the runtime. And the script loading time is merely a single tick.

I hope that clarifies things. Good luck and have a nice day!

• Am I missing something here? Why would an installed app have a loader layout? Surely an animated splash screen is just the first layout of the game that transitions to the main menu layout after a set amount of time?

• It's not just downloading time, it is also loading into memory time, scripts, assets and sound files, on large project this can take a few seconds and even more on slower machines.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow! that was a long read!(could have just said No its not possible :D) But i liked that you explained :)

Sorry for not clearing up that by splash i meant "native splash screen" (i will edit the post title)

Thanks everyone else too!

Elliott

I dont know what you mean, if you are confused about "Splash screen" then as i said m sorry i meant "nativ splash screen"

Games

what you said is the reason i wanted to animate Native Splash Screen so to entertain the user while game scripts and other things are loading!

Conclusion : "Animated Native Splash Screen" is not yet possible due to the reasons explained in his reply!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)