An error report in beta r136 opening my file

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hi Scirra,

Sorry, I can't post this in the bug report section because I dont know the cause and can't create a simple capx to reproduce this error...

I was adding 3 sounds to my game, an error message appeared which unfortunately I didnt have time to copy and paste to report it... I then built my fame as html5, cocoonjs, and node-webkit.

The builds ran fine for cocoonjs and html5, but the PC .exe generated by node-webkit just crased upon opening...so I went back into Construct2 and deleted the three sounds (all formats), and then re-built the .exe via node-webkit and it no longer crashes, but ever sense then, when I open this game project, I get the following ,message:

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Project file missing on disk

Condition: FileExists(last_path.c_str())

File: Projects\ProjectFile.cpp

Line: 23

Function: __thiscall ProjectFile::ProjectFile(class FileFolder &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &)

Build: release 136 (32-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

The only Capx I have is a full game project for a client, and I'm under NDA, so I can't share it publicly, but if you awesome people at Scirra would like I can send you the capx with the error privately.

thanks,

Mike

• If you want I can watch over it, but you need to trust me.

If you have not inserted your credit card information, for sure :D

You can also make an NDA between you and me. Me as Beta Tester, you as developer.

• Rename the .capx to .zip and you can extract the folder project within. Check the .caproj file to see which project files it's expecting, and make sure they're all there in the Files folder. Add any that are missing and then the project should open again. If you can reproduce this, you should definitely post a bug report, but we can't really do anything about it after it's already happened.

• It says I'm missing projectfile.cpp (I think). How would I go about replacing it with a non-corrupted one of these, that would work with this game project. I should point out, when I click ignore , the game loads and runs fine...but I'm really scared the corruption will get worse if I keep working on this commercial product for a client...so I really want to sort this out asap.

Thanks

EDIT: I cant find a projectfile.cpp file anywhere in earlier backups of the game that dont report the error message. Please help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update: I looked in the file folder to see if there was any obvoiously missing file, especially sound files based on the tough time as a Vista user I'd had with importing sounds, and sure enough an ogg file was missing...I replaced it and now the error message is gone!

But why did the error report not just mention what file was missing directly? How can I check line 23 of a file that doesn't seem to exist or is hidden? I don't understand. What was I doing wrong to find out what file was missing?

Thanks,

Mike

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)