Amazon Kindle Fire not yet regarded as mobile device?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • oh also. If you don't want to sort that out and you just want to handle a specific browser such as Kindle. You can do

Compare Two Values

find( Browser.userAgent, "Silk")

=

If it's on the kindle that will work as mobile. Then you can do

isMobile

OR

compareTwoValues.....

• I created a simple countdown-app and I submitted it to Amazon but it got rejected twice because it does not run on Kindle (old and new devices). They said: "Upon launch, the app force closes, crashes, or displays only a blank screen." Its really just a few text objects, a few static sprites and simple math which should run on almost any 10 year old calculator. :-/

I dont have a Kindle to test it so its hard to say why it does not work.

• Bl4ckSh33p

How are you running the app?

Are you running a non official app. I find an overlooked non Scirra plugin is the cause many times.

I have a Fire. I can take a look if you want.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Its running as mobile app in the browser (on iOS/Android) (not packaged). I assumed this would work on Kindle, too.

I used only one plugin to get system date/time ().

The app is hosted on clay.io but not approved, yet (and costs 0.99$). But I can upload it on my server so you can test it.

Does it have to be in a special (export)format to run on Kindle?

I can send you a private message with the URL and login details.

• I'm not at home. But later tonight. However if your hosting on clay.io. are you using the Clay.io plugin? the clay.io plugin is not a Scirra plugin. Also clay.io uses additional web frames that maybe causing problem. But I can check tonight. the PM is fine

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)