AirConsole Game Dev Contest 2017

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Do you have, just to ask... maybe, who knows, the max players setting to 2?

I just tried and:

Construct 2 code, using your layout (corrected though... watch out)

Controller, using your layout:

• Haaaa... Phyco! I knew, I knew... but I didn't know how change max player on AirConsole!... TY A LOT

Newbie detected here! hahahahaha

• This points out the fact that the official documentation needs an update. You're welcome btw

• > Is the simulator working for you?

>

FYI: I have updated AC plugin and linked newest AC library to the controller and simulator worked straight away for me with my old project.

You can see it here:

https://puu.sh/sksDF/69c6b4673d.png

https://puu.sh/skszs/5daa0dda91.jpg

Nice work! Can I assume based on what I see here that you built the controller.html in Construct 2 as well?

If so, does it all go in the same Construct 2 project? Or did you have two separate projects and somehow change the generated C2 javascript code to look in a different directory for the controller.html files versus the screen.html files?

• Nice work! Can I assume based on what I see here that you built the controller.html in Construct 2 as well?

If so, does it all go in the same Construct 2 project? Or did you have two separate projects and somehow change the generated C2 javascript code to look in a different directory for the controller.html files versus the screen.html files?

Nope, I've coded controller.html manually myself. AC plugin doesn't have all the functionality needed to make a controller in C2.

• Heyy Can you show me how to display the player's name using the NicknameJoin. i tried assigning it to a variable and set it to print the text but when i try it,it prints blank. Any suggestions?

• Psychokiller1888 will test that out later and see! Thank you

• Psychokiller1888 I got it working. Thank you very much for your help One last question is it possible for when the player joins that i can use css to change the background color of the controller. eg. player 1 being red player 2 blue etc.? I know it's most likely using the send data but not sure how to transverse from there.

• Sure it is. Send a message from your game, capture that message on the controller, within onMessage, then use jQuery to set a div's background color per exemple, based on the message received

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Psychokiller1888 Thank you! Just wanted to clarify and greatly appreciate the help

• I'm not good at HTML... Could one of you please make me a controller with just two buttons? A 'Left' and a 'Right'. That would be amazing.

Thanks!

• Hey Psychokiller1888 or anyone else here. i'm using the platform behaviour for a simple left right simulation however the issue i'm having is if i tap the left or right button on the controller and it would go straight to the end without stopping. What i'm trying to do is that if the person is not holding down left or right that the player would stop. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

• On your controller send a message when mousedown and when mouseup. Start moving on construct 2 when you get a mousedown message, stop moving when you get a mouseup message

• Psychokiller1888 I got it working thank you so much for your help . Greatly appreciated

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)