Active Layer changes when dragging objects -> Projects Bar

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Customize the animation of character when item changed
  • Do you guys experience a sudden change of the Active Layer when dragging objects from the Projects Bar?

I was going to report this as a bug report but I can't prove this bug but this always happen to me. I can only give a clue, a description and a possibility.

Not exaggerating but this literally happened to me a thousand times already but I just ignore it. I always keep changing the active layer on my properties bar because whenever I drag & drop from the Projects Bar to the Layout Editor, the active layer sometimes (maybe 1 out of 15 to 125) changes. It is actually quite annoying the more it happens.

I got a suspicion (I'm not really sure) but I think that when I drag an object from the projects bar, the active layer changes because the layer bar is also docked

there but only hidden. So when I drag, a layer on the layers bar behind the projects bar is selected.

But I currently can't prove it on a .capx since I don't know the cause

and I can't somehow reproduce it without making a big dummy project. And that might be a waste of time if it doesn't reproduce it successfully.

So that's why, I here now ask if you guys have experienced this? And have you found the cause?

Ashley , I can't provide any evidence or .capx but can you take a look at this. You might be able to figure it out.

• This won't help but I added 30 layers and did multiple tests of drag and drop (Project and Layers docked like you). The layer never changes.

If when you remove the Layers bar you don't have this problem, your theory could be right.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Pandadoor - Thank you for trying. If the theory is correct, I think it would be a good thing since a fix can be made but the problem is that I can't prove it & you tried and it doesn't reproduce.

I think this is more like a glitch rather than a bug on heavy / loaded projects maybe caused by an instant refresh after dragging objects.

• I got a suspicion (I'm not really sure) but I think that when I drag an object from the projects bar, the active layer changes because the layer bar is also docked

there but only hidden. So when I drag, a layer on the layers bar behind the projects bar is selected.

Update: I just found out that my suspicion is correct. In some cases when dragging objects from the projects bar when the layer bar is also docked behind it. There are some cases that (even when a layer is locked) the layer can be selected, therefore changing the active layer.

I found it out because I was observing the properties bar while dragging. Though, it is only by chance. It is probably a glitch.

Update: It also happens when Ctrl + V ... So I believe I am mistaken before. It seems that it really just change active layers randomly after the properties bar refreshes

after pasting object or dropping object from the project bar.

• I'm having this exact problem too, it's been really frustrating me for a few years, would really like it if the solution was figured out.

I'm having the problem where sometimes when I try to drag selected objects with the mouse, they don't drag in the way I intended (hard to explain, but they like jump around and stuff), and the dragged objects often get moved to another layer when I try to drag them, as well as often changing the active layer.

In other cases, the active layer just seems to randomly change, may or may not be related to the above.

• I'm having this exact problem too, it's been really frustrating me for a few years, would really like it if the solution was figured out.

I'm having the problem where sometimes when I try to drag selected objects with the mouse, they don't drag in the way I intended (hard to explain, but they like jump around and stuff), and the dragged objects often get moved to another layer when I try to drag them, as well as often changing the active layer.

In other cases, the active layer just seems to randomly change, may or may not be related to the above.

I don't know if our problem is related but this bug was already fixed last year. Although, I suggest you check out my bug report and test if this is the cause of your problem or at the very least you can use this as a reference to come up a way to debug your own problem.

• Thank you for letting me know. I see this bug was fixed in build 236 probably (based on dates) and unfortunately I am unable to update past build 216 for my own reasons. But that's my own problem I'll have to figure out one day. Still thanks though!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)