Action Scheduling

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • Why can't construct support scheduling events and actions? Example I add a system action "Move to end of scheduling" and the actions proceeding it do not fire until all other events and actions have completed for the current frame.

• Sounds a lot like Wait 0.

• It supports audio scheduling, so I suppose it could be done (by Scirra), but Wait 0 or put your event at the bottom would achieve this for now.

• Wait for signal.

• You could use the func object, or just place your events at the end of the event sheet; C2 reads events from top to bottom so events on every tick will be done in order from top to bottom

• Functions are triggers.

They are run before the next event.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wait 0. Bam. Thank you. Now all I need is a "purge" tool. Get rid of all the variables and objects that don't get used or called. Woooo I suck at organizing.

• Wait 0. Bam. Thank you. Now all I need is a "purge" tool. Get rid of all the variables and objects that don't get used or called. Woooo I suck at organizing.

Can't help you with objects (all non-global objects in previous layouts get removed when you go to new layout anyway so the point is moot) but for variables, consider using several dictionaries instead of global variables.

Advantages:

1. It will be far easier to transfer events between projects.

2. If you keep track of what each key in the dictionaries do using excel and such, it is extremely easy to organize variables and ensure no redundancies (which is important when you intend to improve and update your game). (Actually you should do this documentation anyway for global variables if you are using them since having all of that documented in one page is far better than having many of them in different event sheets, confusing you over what do what when you plan to improve your game after several months.)

3. Using different dictionaries to serve as categories, you can reset values as you wish, which is important for certain games.

4. Your event sheets will look really nice and compact without global variables cluttering the top.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)