Accessibility options in C2

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Hi,

I was hoping to use Construct2 for an upcoming project for my work.

A new law here forces every educational content to be accessibility friendly.

In the software itself, there doesn't seem to be any options to make my project accessible (ex: alt on img or btn).

What options do I have here? What can I do to allow accessibility in c2?

I had an idea to use the execute JS to simulate an alt tag but I haven't researched it yet.

Thanks alot for any advices,

Nicolas Lacroix

• Another question that I have:

Is it possible to access the elements present inside the canvas?

If so, I think my problem would be solved since I can add custom tags to those elements.

(btw I did not want to create another post just for this question)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've found C2 is quite good on the accessibility front already, so much so that with the help of a head tracker and a couple virtual keyboards, I can use everything in C2 without using my hands at all.

I don't know what you mean by alt on img or button? I don't understand what you mean by your second question either. Access them how?

• I've found C2 is quite good on the accessibility front already, so much so that with the help of a head tracker and a couple virtual keyboards, I can use everything in C2 without using my hands at all.

I don't know what you mean by alt on img or button? I don't understand what you mean by your second question either. Access them how?

What I meant by alt is alternative text so people that cannot see would be able to navigate my app. Support for a person not able to type on keyboard flew right over my head however.

My second question is are we able to access the code of the elements present inside the canvas.

For example, if you attribute an ID to a textbox in c2, it will show up in your code and you can call JS to add tags to it.

Does this help?

• It does, but I'm afraid I don't know the answers.

• *bump*

• The canvas does not use any image elements at all, so there's nothing to set alt tags on. It's a HTML5 canvas that is directly rendered in to, there are not any more HTML elements - unless you use form controls, which you should be able to set things like placeholders or titles on. I'm not sure what else you'd be after?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)