A question about offline.appache

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • I have an exterior Project File that I generate using Excel. This gets uploaded when I export my project and everything works great.

I'd like to be able to update my website directly from Excel (if the only thing changing is that single data file). So I wrote some Excel code to do the following:

1. Generate a .json file (the Project File)

2. Upload the .json file to my server

3. Load latest offline.appcache from project folder

4. Replace the timestamp (#98769808) with a random number

5. Upload offline.appcache to my server

Everything seems to be working fine, but C2 isn't recognizing that it needs to update. Do I need to use an actual timestamp instead of just a random number? If so, what is the format?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • john Cutter I can't help you on this but I think this would be better if you put it on "How Do I" Category of the Forum for there are more help there than here.

• I think this was user error. I did another export and it seems to be working now.

In the past I have used the "How Do I..." section when I have very specific questions. This one was a bit more general so I picked the "General" section. Should that section be used for something else?

• I think this was user error. I did another export and it seems to be working now.

In the past I have used the "How Do I..." section when I have very specific questions. This one was a bit more general so I picked the "General" section. Should that section be used for something else?

Good to know you fixed it by yourself.

No, it was just a suggestion since high number of volunteers check that page(How Do I) first than this because that page was more on asking questions and the visits was currently very low at that time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)