The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

7 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • FYI, NW.js 0.19.2 still produce black screen on OBS without '--disable-direct-composition'.

Issue will be fixed with Chromium 56. NW.js 0.19.2 is based on Chromium 55, so we still need to wait a little bit.

• FYI, NW.js 0.19.2 still produce black screen on OBS without '--disable-direct-composition'.

Basically what BackendFreak said, this is a more technical bug that the Chromium team will hopefully take care of.

You could try to use --single-process but I doubt that it will fix the bug. I'll do a post when the new update update goes live.

tecbug I'm still waiting for a response from MadSpy, he seems to be rather busy right now.

I'll add everything new to the roundup as soon as the fixes for Steam4C2 and Greenworks are done and ready to be released to public.

As always, patience is the key.

• > FYI, NW.js 0.19.2 still produce black screen on OBS without '--disable-direct-composition'.

>

Basically what BackendFreak said, this is a more technical bug that the Chromium team will hopefully take care of.

You could try to use --single-process but I doubt that it will fix the bug. I'll do a post when the new update update goes live.

tecbug I'm still waiting for a response from MadSpy, he seems to be rather busy right now.

I'll add everything new to the roundup as soon as the fixes for Steam4C2 and Greenworks are done and ready to be released to public.

As always, patience is the key.

--disable-direct-composition fixes the bug, but it says in the post that from version 0.19.1 it should work without it, but it doesn't, waiting for Chromium 56.

I've tried --single-process before, it didn't do anything besides causing the game to stop working.

• --disable-direct-composition fixes the bug, but it says in the post that from version 0.19.1 it should work without it, but it doesn't, waiting for Chromium 56.

They fixed the bug judging by their changelog, are you sure that you're not confusing recording issues with

Subscribe to Construct videos now

?

As far as I know, recording issues are still a thing with or without it and using a single process usually fixes black screen (detection) issues.

I've tried --single-process before, it didn't do anything besides causing the game to stop working.

That's weird, could you give me more details such as:

• List of active chromium args ("package-preview.json" and "package.json")
    • NW.js version which doesn't work with it
    • Your current OS (Just the name should do it)

For some reason I also had issues with --single-process sometimes not starting in C2 preview, you might want to export your game (while having the arg inside the "package.json" and "package-win.json" files only) and try out if it runs that way.

• "How To: Workaround Recording Issues & Canvas Flickering (NW.js v0.14.0rc1 - v0.19.0)"

It refers to both, maybe it just fixes the flickering.

• "How To: Workaround Recording Issues & Canvas Flickering (NW.js v0.14.0rc1 - v0.19.0)"

It refers to both, maybe it just fixes the flickering.

Yeah it's a bit vague I admit that, should've added "fixes the majority of recording issues".

I'll check it out later by myself and see if I can reproduce it. Please provide me the previously requested info so I have something to work with.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Oh sorry I missed that, here it is:

--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --ignore-gpu-blacklist

using NW.js 0.19.2 on windows 10 64bit with obs studio 17.0.0

• Quick question, why are you targeting

%LocalAppData%\GameName\User Data[/code:6flu62pg]
    For the uninstall script and not [code:6flu62pg]%LocalAppData%\GameName[/code:6flu62pg]
    Is there any reason to keep the other cache directories on the root directory of the game?
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh sorry I missed that, here it is:

--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --ignore-gpu-blacklist

using NW.js 0.19.2 on windows 10 64bit with obs studio 17.0.0

So I've tested "game capture" and it's indeed not working (detection issues probably related to multiple processes).

Unfortunately our lovely NW.js team broke --single-process once again and I will have to create a bugreport soon (It's running 2 processes instead of 1).

As a temporally workaround you can use "window capture" mode, my tests were successful using that method.

Quick question, why are you targeting

%LocalAppData%\GameName\User Data[/code:dpjggi5h]
    For the uninstall script and not [code:dpjggi5h]%LocalAppData%\GameName[/code:dpjggi5h]
    Is there any reason to keep the other cache directories on the root directory of the game?

I think that's the folder that Steam/Valve complains about and that's why we delete it but Madspy is one of the few people that has experience with that, so I'm just speculating.

Generally there should be no issues with deleting the whole folder I guess, since NW.js will just recreate all the files on the next run.

• I was talking about windows capture, it still needs the --disable-direct-composition to work, I couldn't get game capture to work for quiet a while now regardless of version or args.

Oh I didn't know Steam had it as a requirement, good to know, I was taking my time with it, I'll add it asap.

• I was talking about windows capture, it still needs the --disable-direct-composition to work, I couldn't get game capture to work for quiet a while now regardless of version or args.

Works totally fine without --disable-direct-composition and without --single-process on my end, might be related to wrong settings or hardware differences?

EDIT: Please upvote (react) THIS report of mine so we can get this single processing bug out of the way.

• Are you sure you're talking about window mode and not screen/display mode?

That's the only one that works for me with --disable-direct-composition

I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

Actually this was originally reported to me by a player who uses an ATI adapter.

A long time ago when I tested it, it worked even in game mode (more than a year ago), but somewhere since then it got broken.

What settings can cause this?

I tried all the options available on OBS, none of them seemed to help.

Personally I do my recordings with NVIDIA built-in game recorder, works better than anything else, but it also needs --disable-direct-composition to work, and not everyone got a GTX 600+ for that.

Oh I didn't know Steam had it as a requirement, good to know, I was taking my time with it, I'll add it asap.

Nope it doesn't on my end, I'm using the exact same args and the same NW.js version and it works just fine.

Preview using "Window Mode" | "Window Mode" Properties | Recorded Video Playing Back In VLC (1080p@60fps)

As far as I know Tinimations (creator of Klang) had to add it in order to pass the certification process but I'm not sure.

It's really hard to tell if you have to do it or not, I recommend trying to submit your game without it first and see if the certification process starts complaining or not.

• I noticed you're using the old OBS and not the new "Studio" version, I thought that might help, but it doesn't work either

When I switch out of the game window and it loses focus I can see the NW.js window frame with the game title in the recorder but the inside window is still black.

My game is already live on Steam for a few days now, but it's in early access, so maybe they treat it differently.

• I noticed you're using the old OBS and not the new "Studio" version, I thought that might help, but it doesn't work either

When I switch out of the game window and it loses focus I can see the NW.js window frame with the game title in the recorder but the inside window is still black.

My game is already live on Steam for a few days now, but it's in early access, so maybe they treat it differently.

Make sure you record the inner window only and set the "sub-region" correctly. (No clue about version differences, I use Action!. )

I wish I could provide better help but NW.js and game recording/steaming is still a big issue and it looks like the upcoming versions will not fix these issues as well. I've tested out the latest NW.js nightly build with the recent Chromium version, game recording is also not working for that one.

I still think that single processing (when it works as intended again), will fix these recording issues.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)