[Suggestion]Scroll To & Bound to Layout : 1 axis

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Design for game, asset for game, game kit, UI design, completed design for game FLY BOUND
  • Hi,

I try to rely on default behaviors as much as possible, I don't want to re-invent the wheel. But at the moment, I can't use the Scroll To and Bound to Layout behaviors on my project because they miss a couple of properties that I believe would not be that hard to implement:

It would be nice if just like the 8 Directions behavior, you had a property that allow you to limit the Scroll To and Bound to Layout to vertical or horizontal axis only.

Let's say I'm making a game using unbound scrolling layout, and i want it to scroll horizontally only. I don't want the layout to scroll if the player moves up and down, only when he move left and right. On top of that, I want the player to be blocked by the upper and lower boundaries of the screen. Pretty much an infinite corridor.

I did not have much trouble to implement it with events, don't get me wrong, I know there are many examples of game like that already. But it would be even simpler if those two behaviors had those extra properties.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'd like this also, making a game where the player can fall through the floor but not the sides or the roof. Haven't even found a way to implement this yet.

EDIT: Found this behaviour which allows you to change inset axis to make it appear as if the player fell. Will do quite nicely as a workaround for now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)