[Suggestion] Event sheet level local variables.

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Just a little pet peeve of mine - currently you can either create global variables, or have local variables that are either tied to a group or a specific event, however what i'd like to have is the ability to have local events that can be referenced by anything in the same event sheet (that are reset like local ones upon the specific layout being restarted).

This way one could quickly store values like scores, states of the game etc. without using arrays, global variables or even instance variables. This would be simple and intuitive, right?

Also, i am aware of the fact that if you'd want something like this, you could put everything into the same group and add a local variable there, but this is just a suggestion to make things a bit easier.

So, anyone else think that this would be a nice little thing to have? No?

*sound of crickets in the background*

Anyways, another thing - could we please get the current time shown somewhere on the forums? For quick reference, what time ago a post was made (perhaps you can set up the time zones somewhere, but i'm too lazy for that too, so i guess i'll suggest this as well, as i probably haven't quite managed to bore you guys enough by now)?

/spam

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sounds good to me, would have saved a few minor brainaches for me :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)