{Suggestion} Cut scene

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
3D Rendered, High Resolution elements to create an apocalytic scene or war zone
  • As we all know,Cut scenes are a very important feature of many games(With a story).So Why not introduce a cut scene mechanism into C2 like in the same manner as "behaviors"? It will make things much simpler.

• That's outside the scope of game engine. I'm pretty sure I answered this question a while back with a psuedo code example.

However there is also the timeline 3rd party plugin that would do the same.

However I would say that most cut-scening isn't done programatically, but instead done through animation software. Why don't you try using Spriter.

• I would be interested to know how a cutscene behavior could possible work?

If a behavior could be written using the SDK for instance, then how do you image it working? What parameters would it accept?

• I'm guessing it'd use some sort of animation sequence? But then wouldn't it be better to use a sprite that just plays when called?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would be interested to know how a cutscene behavior could possible work?

If a behavior could be written using the SDK for instance, then how do you image it working? What parameters would it accept?

Lets see,

At first,Avoind all the user inputs and all the events outside the cutscene.

At the first second pressed simulate platform pressing left(play animation) and stop this at 5th second.Then wait for 1 sec,Move the other player in the same way.

Make a text pop up,etc etc.

• "Then wait for 1 sec,Move the other player in the same way."

Might look up wait in the manual, as well as how variables work.

All that you describe is doable already. It just takes a bit of knowledge.

• It would probably be better to program the scenes in yourself using variables. However, if you think you can't do it (I'm sure you can) then you could make the cut scene using your favorite video editor and then simply popup that video when its time for the cut scene to appear.

It might make the file size large, so an alternative could be to save videos on some online storage or something then refer to it using construct 2's browser actions.

• Ok ,I'll try to use the variable method first

• I guess a swf-Plugin would fix the main problems with cutscenes :)

• I guess a swf-Plugin would fix the main problems with cutscenes :)Kinda defies the purpose of using HTML5

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)