[Suggestion] Add a "Play audio from URL" action

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Hi Everyone!

I am currently making a enhanced endless runner game, and to make it more interesting and unique I decided to add an option to upload your own music to the game so you can run at your own pace (literally too, the game's speed and background are dependent on the music being played. Still a concept, but one problem at a time).

I'm at a roadblock as there is no way for me to play music files uploaded by the user, and although the File Chooser Plugin takes care of the first step of getting the URL, the Audio Plugin only wants to play files that I have uploaded to the project before running.

So yeah, just a suggestion for a new feature: an action added to the Audio Plugin to allow it to play audio from a URL, whether it's local or on the internet. Unless there already is a way of doing that and I haven't figured it out yet. I would appreciate a heads-up if that is the case.

• Hi, try using the video plugin instead.

See my attached example. To test it type in the url to any mp3 you want, hit play and it should play it. I would imagine if you point the plugin to the right location you will be able to stream user uploaded media.

• Wow! That was a fast reply!

Thank you so much for the example; I implemented it in my game and it works like a charm!

• Still working thanks FredQ

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • FredQ

8tomo8

Doesn't work for me. Did sth changed with this plugin or sth else?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)