[Request] Make object time scales relative

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Ashley Can you please make object time scales relative to the game's time scale, or add an action/property to make them relative instead of absolute? Object timescales are kind of useless as-is, unless setting them to 1 or 0. Doing things like making big objects slower / small objects faster, increasing enemy timescales if they are "frenzied", etc. is impossible unless they're relative, since I adjust the game's timescale for slo-mo and other things as well.

I can probably make object timescales relative by putting them in a family and setting them every tick, but that doesn't sound like a good idea...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The reason it's like that is if you have a game time scale of 0, you can still set some objects to be moving at a normal rate. If it was relative to the game time scale, setting a time scale of 0 (commonly used for pausing) makes all object time scales useless. Also making this kind of change causes serious backwards compatibility problems. If we did it, cue the forums flooding with "my game is broken in the latest release, Construct sucks!".

Changing an object timescale is just like updating a variable, there shouldn't be any problem with setting it to timescale * objecttimescale every tick if that's what you are after.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)