[request] Export events only, without images.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • Ashley could you add an option to export only events/logic without exporting/recompressing images?

I have a small project - 17 events only, but quite few small and medium sized sprites.

Every time when I press export it takes about 30-35 seconds to finish, due to recompression and sprite-sheeting of all objects.

All I do is changing and modifying events without touching any of sprite images or even opening image editor - and every time after export, Images folder looks the same.

I'm optimizing, testing and debugging in XDK and long exports really slows down this process.

• If you skip PNG recompression isn't it a near-instant export?

I think the idea is to not reexport the images but keeping the already compressed ones obtained inna previous export

Unless skip png compression checks the already present images sizes before replacing them?

• Without PNG recompression it basically spritesheets (should be 1-2 seconds) then copies files out (should be another 1-2 seconds). About 95% of export time of most projects is PNG recompression, which despite being processed by all available CPU cores can take several seconds per image.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

It's a bit faster but still takes about 10-15 seconds and still exports all of the images - no compression = bigger in size.

Been observing folders I'm exporting to and most of this time goes to sprite sheeting animation frames.

I'm using raw and not yet optimized images, so they are 512x256 with a lot of opacity around. But i believe this will be a final image size, only content will differ.

8 of this images [attachment=1:3ct90yhd][/attachment:3ct90yhd]

are made into something like this [attachment=0:3ct90yhd][/attachment:3ct90yhd]

Aphrodite

Yes, that's what I ask for.

"Skip png compression" still export images.

• Why do you need to keep exporting anyway? It's intended that preview mode covers your everyday work and test cycle. Is there a problem using the Crosswalk test apps?

• Why do you need to keep exporting anyway? It's intended that preview mode covers your everyday work and test cycle. Is there a problem using the Crosswalk test apps?

I don't have an access to wi-fi and only thing I can do to test on mobile is:

• build in XDK and wait 10-20 minutes (upload, build, download) each time
    • connect my phone via USB and test it using XDK test/debug options - which takes only export time of waiting.
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)