[request] Breakpoint in Loop and Trigger

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
SynthWave Loop Pack includes 68 seamless loops, founded on 11 original melodies.
  • I find it really very limiting not to have these two possibilities in the debugger .

this is unacceptable , you pay a license for a professional software, and debugger is not even functional.

Already simply using it considerably reduces fps which was the execution of the program, and slowed the development of the application,

but working without breakpoint during a trigger or a loop is incence .

playmaker unity can be done without problem , so why not construct ?

• Very limiting indeed, though it's unlikely to change ; from the manual :

"Limitations

Unfortunately due to the architecture of the Construct 2 engine, breakpoints cannot be placed in the following locations:

• Anywhere inside a triggered event, including any sub-events to a triggered event
    • Anywhere inside a looping event (such as Repeat or For each), including any sub-events to a looping event

In other words, only non-looping events which are checked every tick can have breakpoints set on them, or be stepped in to."

Something to consider for C3

It is to do with the nature and architecture of every engine, they all have their limitations. You can still use the JavaScript console of your browser if you know your way around it, and revert back to "old" debugging techniques such as outputting infos to a debug log / array / xml / etc. that you can inspect

As for performance, it is expected with any tool or language that debugging will impact performance negatively ; simply due to the overhead of the debugging itself.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah I always find myself wanting to put a "break" in my loops. This can be gotten around (sort of) by using a break condition to things in the loop so they are skipped. e g

foreach bla

if not skipBla

do bla bla bla

do more bla

It doesn't really do what a real break would do, but given the advantages of the current event system, it seems like a fair trade.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)