I have been using C2 for a while and I have made simple drag and drop games and some card games for kids mainly. Simple game mechanics.
I have a great project integrating the game mechanics of an RPG MMO game with Common Core from Colorado. I was thinking of using C2 but I could use PhaserIO, GameStudio or Unity3D (2D webGL).
Can you give me your thoughts about using C2 or C3 for this project?
all aspect of analytics and classroom audits will be on a website not in game.
Here are some rough specs:
Description: The principle idea is to teach common concepts through an MMORPG game using the immersion of the game and peer mentoring/help.
- RPG game mechanics (inventory, NPC, combat, experience, achievements, dungeons, story)
- players logs ASYNC
- create groups
- join guild or classrooms
- being able to see other players
- offline mode for classrooms
- analytics log ASYNC
- quests creations
- chat with players in a group (private rooms)
- because of coppa - no public chat rooms
- parent co-registration and progress for homeschools
- desktops, laptops, tablets, TV only
- phone will be more a second screen type of play mode (seeing inventory, crafting, leaderboards, review course objectives or quests....)