Windows Phone 8 Export, no apostrophes allowed

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/554309/CantApostrophe.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new empty C2 project

2. Set project properties title to something with an apostrophe, like "Can't Apostrophe"

3. Export to Windows Phone 8

4. Open project in Visual Studio

5. Try to "Deploy Solution", then the following errors are reported by Visual Studio:

<font face="Courier New, Courier, mono">

Description                        File      Project

x:Class="Can'tApostrophe.App" is not valid. 'Can'tApostrophe.App' is not a valid fully qualified class name.     C:\Users\Danial\Desktop\Can't Apostrophe\App.xaml     Can'tApostrophe

x:Class="Can'tApostrophe.MainPage" is not valid. 'Can'tApostrophe.MainPage' is not a valid fully qualified class name.     C:\Users\Danial\Desktop\Can't Apostrophe\MainPage.xaml     Can'tApostrophe

</font>

Observed result:

Errors in creating the namespace for the Windows Phone app.

Expected result:

I guess, users having an apostrophe in their titles shouldn't have to cause a problem for them after they export the project.

Additional Info:

• As I looked through the files in my "C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\wp8" directory, it appears that you have the placeholder `[[[shortname]]]` for the C2 project's title. You take out the spaces, but not the apostrophe (aka, single quote), and possibly other symbols.
    • I found the documentation for a fully qualified namespace, "A qualifying namespace name is not a valid element name. A name must contain only alphabetic characters, decimal digits, and underscores, and must begin with an alphabetic character or underscore (_).". More info:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tb2h5dds(v=vs.90).aspx[/li]

Browsers affected:

Chrome: n/a

Firefox: n/a

Internet Explorer: n/a

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 8.1 Enterprise, 64-bit

Construct 2 version:

beta release r156

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)