Win Phone 8.1 App crashes randomly after adding Audio (CAPX)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Check preview, download and add value to your games.
  • >

> Seriously??

> Damn! I lost so many $$$ Waiting for a fix.

>

Well did it work?

I ended up releasing my game in native c++. Man it was tough, but got a huge performance boost and no audio bug

Noo it didnt! I m now not sure if he was just trolling! The game wont even run with WebGL switched off!

How did u convert the C2 code in C++?

I am dying to release my game on WP

I own a Windows Phone and cant play my own game!

• How did u convert the C2 code in C++?

like I said earlier:

Just to be clear: I don't use Construct.

^ Not using any 3rd-party game engine; using my own. I just rewrote the whole game in native C++.

I own a Windows Phone and cant play my own game!

^ That's just sad!

• Why are you all posting in a closed bug report, even when Ashley's first post here specifically says not to do such a thing?

If you have a similar or the same issue, then you should submit a new bug report following all the guidelines, otherwise Ashley may not become aware of a (possibly) still outstanding issue.

• Why are you all posting in a closed bug report, even when Ashley's first post here specifically says not to do such a thing?

If you have a similar or the same issue, then you should submit a new bug report following all the guidelines, otherwise Ashley may not become aware of a (possibly) still outstanding issue.

This is open bug. Ashley only closed it because its not in his hands to fix it. People are still having issues and even if you open another thread it will get closed anyways!

• WebGL makes performance way worst especially with lower powered phones with Windows Phone. The best blend I got is no WebGL, exported as a Universal app and using only the Windows Phone portion. WebGL though is a big plus on iOS and if you exclude some exceptions, a big plus on Android too. I'm just telling you my experience with the game... Have you tried Cordova and compiling with the XDK?

• I also found WebGL is worse than Canvas2D on Windows Phone 8.1.

I also find the newer asm.js physics engine is slower compared to Box2d web. (on Win Phone 8.1)

I've tested all permutations trying to figure out stuttering and lag. I am testing on an old/slow Lumia 520.

• WebGL makes performance way worst especially with lower powered phones with Windows Phone. The best blend I got is no WebGL, exported as a Universal app and using only the Windows Phone portion. WebGL though is a big plus on iOS and if you exclude some exceptions, a big plus on Android too. I'm just telling you my experience with the game... Have you tried Cordova and compiling with the XDK?

Not sure why its not running on my phone! Any other setting I should be looking at? Also how graphic intensive is ur game?

You can see my game in my signature. DO you think it will run on no WebGL?

• SamRock I would try a Universal export with WebGL off, and see what the performance is like on WP8.1.

Seems like MS have diverted all development effort into Project Spartan, so I do not hold much hope for IE 11 fixes coming soon.

Check here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2015/03/24/updates-from-the-project-spartan-developer-workshop.aspx

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2901675/microsoft-draws-line-between-spartan-and-ie11-browsers.html

However, in the long run the clean sheet browser design will only be a good thing.

• SamRock I would try a Universal export with WebGL off, and see what the performance is like on WP8.1.

Seems like MS have diverted all development effort into Project Spartan, so I do not hold much hope for IE 11 fixes coming soon.

Check here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2015/03/24/updates-from-the-project-spartan-developer-workshop.aspx

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2901675/microsoft-draws-line-between-spartan-and-ie11-browsers.html

However, in the long run the clean sheet browser design will only be a good thing.

Yes I have high hopes that Spartan address lot of issues that exists with IE. At the same time, its sad that we have to wait till WP10 comes out.

Hope there is a Spartan version atleast for the WP8.1.

• I think Scirra should change the list on their main site.

So much time wasted, so many nerves. No solution. You waste your time, you make your game, you make a song for it. And then you can't f_^%in play it.

• Any chances Windows 10 Mobile solves all the audio issues?

• Any chances Windows 10 Mobile solves all the audio issues?

Windows 10 Mobile is supposed to bring better audio, but when running my own apps on Windows 10 Phone, still having some issues.

We shall see what happens when Windows 10 Phone is complete.

• I believe that it will be available on November 12th. I'm would like to publish my current games on Windows Store!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have created two games for Windows Mobile and both had issues with background music on WP 8.1. On both games music stop after few seconds of playing.

I just updated my test phone to Windows 10. It seems that background music+sfx works maybe little bit better now, but music stops anywa. Also I noticed that there's terrible input delay when touching screen to jump and it makes the game impossible to play.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)