Win Phone 8.1 App crashes randomly after adding Audio (CAPX)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Check preview, download and add value to your games.
  • This audio bug is driving me nuts!

First I find a bug with Accelerometer now this? I can live without Accelerometer, but Audio? It seems to me WinJS is full of bugs... I miss XNA.

Any idea when this will be resolved?

h**ps://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/bff129f5-6959-4e0d-8336-b494bb242be2/accelerometerremoveeventlistener-causing-app-freeze?forum=wpdevelop

• This audio bug is driving me nuts!

First I find a bug with Accelerometer now this? I can live without Accelerometer, but Audio? It seems to me WinJS is full of bugs... I miss XNA.

Any idea when this will be resolved?

h**ps://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/bff129f5-6959-4e0d-8336-b494bb242be2/accelerometerremoveeventlistener-causing-app-freeze?forum=wpdevelop

Wish I had an answer for you but MS themselves are awfully quiet about this issue!

I suspect they are pretty soon going to announce a new browser for Windows (and Phone), probably code named Spartan. And that one will be lighter and way advanced in feature than this buggy IE

And because of this they are ignoring all old stuff!

• How about exporting using intel xdk?

• How about exporting using intel xdk?

I havent tried that! But will it make any difference since the game will still run on a Mobile IE?

• Just to be clear: I don't use Construct.

That said, I am facing another issue with HTML5 Audio... if too many sound effects are loaded (14 to be exact in my case), pressing the home key to go to start menu and then back key to resume the app, repeating this action twice causes app crash. If I remove the sound effects completely, no such issue; or if i remove them on home key press and then reload them again on resume, no crash also, but that means have to wait for them to reload again....

Stupid Microsoft... gave us false hope, wasted time for nothing! WinJS is useless because of these crippling HTML5 Audio bugs. I am going back to c++.

• Just to be clear: I don't use Construct.

That said, I am facing another issue with HTML5 Audio... if too many sound effects are loaded (14 to be exact in my case), pressing the home key to go to start menu and then back key to resume the app, repeating this action twice causes app crash. If I remove the sound effects completely, no such issue; or if i remove them on home key press and then reload them again on resume, no crash also, but that means have to wait for them to reload again....

Stupid Microsoft... gave us false hope, wasted time for nothing! WinJS is useless because of these crippling HTML5 Audio bugs. I am going back to c++.

I am working with few MS guys at my city. I have sent them few test samples. Hopefully they will find a fix. If possible please, upload your project on the ConnectIE link that Ashley shared in the above comments.

But meanwhile I think SPARTAN Browser is the future for all WinJS Apps. It will be equivalent to Chrome in terms of features & HTML5 compatibility and also light weighted. Lets hope for the best!

• Has there been any update to this issue? I still have broken audio whenever I build to WP8.1, and using the Windows Phone Audio Functions hasn't fixed them, and for some reason building to Windows Phone 8 doesn't play audio at all, even with the wav files added to the media folder.

• How about using this for Audio instead? ^

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php

How about using this for Audio instead? ^

Hi there... well this plugin was only good for WinPhone 8 app. I tried converting my app to use this Plugin. The sound worked well, but then you are basically downgrading the app to a lower (probably unsupported) version.

Even Ashly doesnt recommend this plugin anymore and wants us to use the latest Universal App export.

Also whenever the sound played my Phone generated a Click sound. Not sure if it was a one off case. But I quickly rolled back to Universal App.

• Oh! Thanks

• Well... after a couple of days of intensive debugging and massive optimizations, found the bug, found this post and unfortunately I see that there's no solution to this... I know some good people at Microsoft, I'll see what they can do!

• Well... after a couple of days of intensive debugging and massive optimizations, found the bug, found this post and unfortunately I see that there's no solution to this... I know some good people at Microsoft, I'll see what they can do!

Yes please! I am working with from local MS Windows Phone team here. They said they are working on a fix.

We need to get more attention to this issue!

• Basically there is no official support for HTML audio with WP8.1. Although (weirdly) if you disable WebGL before you export for WIndows Phone performance is way better and there is no audio problems so... There you go! All we need now is PubCenter for Windows Phone 8.1! sighhh

• Basically there is no official support for HTML audio with WP8.1. Although (weirdly) if you disable WebGL before you export for WIndows Phone performance is way better and there is no audio problems so... There you go! All we need now is PubCenter for Windows Phone 8.1! sighhh

Seriously??

Damn! I lost so many $$$ Waiting for a fix. If this is true.. I will frame a photo of you at my desk!

Hehe ...Kidding.. will add you to the credit!

• Seriously??

Damn! I lost so many $$$ Waiting for a fix.

Well did it work?

I ended up releasing my game in native c++. Man it was tough, but got a huge performance boost and no audio bug

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)