Will settiing Speed to 0 for Sprite with one image help ?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Say if you have a sprite that only have a single image [common], hence only one Animation [default].

Would setting the Speed to zero optimize Construct 2 ?

Or Construct 2 magically knows and will not create an internal timer for it [allocating a timer object though not started could be a waste of resource also].

Thanks, just thinking like a programmer, sorry.

• No don't worry about it. But if you're superstitious, just set it to zero

• he he he

• Hah...I actually do this out of habit. Setting animation speed to 0 was an old optimization trick for Construct Classic.

• I do this out of habit as well... Same thing for any sprite that isn't using collision... I turn that off as well. I don't think it's weird to do so. Especially when something bugs out, you than know with certainty that it's not because of an animation speed setting. That said I have yet to have any issues with it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hah...I actually do this out of habit. Setting animation speed to 0 was an old optimization trick for Construct Classic.

He He He

Now I know I am not alone ;p

I do this out of habit as well... Same thing for any sprite that isn't using collision... I turn that off as well. I don't think it's weird to do so. Especially when something bugs out, you than know with certainty that it's not because of an animation speed setting. That said I have yet to have any issues with it

Actually I read somewhere that turning off collision doesn't optimize it at all, as a matter of fact you have to use Box2D instead of the asm [which is the better version] version to HAVE that ability.

Yes it shocks me that the ability to "turn off" collision is actually viewed as a feature in Construct 2 [because the web2D asm doesn't support it].

Please correctly me if I am wrong facecjf, Just trying to help ;p

I really love Construct 2 though, it is the Best 2D Game making program out there ;p

• [quote:f8pl7l7b]Actually I read somewhere that turning off collision doesn't optimize it at all, as a matter of fact you have to use Box2D instead of the asm [which is the better version] version to HAVE that ability.

Yes it shocks me that the ability to "turn off" collision is actually viewed as a feature in Construct 2 [because the web2D asm doesn't support it].

Please correctly me if I am wrong facecjf, Just trying to help ;p

I honestly don't know. I have read that asm.js is better, https://www.scirra.com/blog/132/more-about-asmjs-powered-physics but from my experience, Box2D web works better. I just assume that with Box2D, having collisions 'on' is another collision check, so I would also assume that it would improve performance if it's off.

[quote:f8pl7l7b]I really love Construct 2 though, it is the Best 2D Game making program out there

+1 It really is! I'm a designer by trade.. and C2 has really broadened my understanding of game development.

• C2 knows not to run any timer for sprites with only one frame. The animation speed does not affect this at all.

Closing as this is in the Bugs forum and it's not a bug report.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)