Wait error in Repeat Cycle

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Wait loopindex error

It's simple, in a Repeat Cycle, I create 1 sprite in each iteration, on a different location depending on the loopindex. But when I put wait loopindex * 0.5 before creating them, then it does not work.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234 ... nodon.capx

Description of Capx

The "Game" event sheet calls 2 functions to create the sprites. "AgujeroNegro" creates a black ball and you'll see it created a random number of ligh blue balls around them.

The other function "BolaAmarilla" creates a yellow ball. This one you must click them 5 times to call the functions that doesn't work.

When you've clicked 5 times the function "BolaAmarillaTouch" in the "Acciones juego comunes" event sheet.

Just try deleting the wait loopindex * 0.4 and it works well, but with the wait action the other small yellow balls are not created.

I don't understand it because the function "AgujeroNegro" in the event sheet "Acciones juego comunes" does the same but with different sprites, and it works perfectly.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Wait until a yellow ball appears in the screen. Click it 5 times and I should appear small yellow balls.

Observed Result

Nothing is created with the wait action

Expected Result

Small yellow balls should appear close to the original yellow ball.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64 bits

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines and don't use third party plugins (this one uses Pode iframe). Your .capx attachments should be new projects made from scratch demonstrating solely the problem being described. This is particularly important since the 'wait' action is commonly misunderstood and does not suspend all event execution; make sure you're clear on how it works.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)