Unable to open for unzipping ????

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • Problem Description

I've been working on a game for a year now and just got this random problem where I cant open the construct 2 project file. whenever I double click on my construct 2 project file, it brings up a prompt that states, "Unable to open [file directory] for unzipping. I would really hate to lose my work. It doesn't matter what computer use the problem still remains.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1
    • Step 2
    • Step 3 etc.

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

windows 10

Construct 2 Version ID

release 233

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • First of all, please upload the .capx, so we can recreate the problem.

Second, try to extract the .capx with a decompressing application like 7-Zip and open the included .caproj.

• Worst case scenario: you should by default have 'autosave' and 'autobackups' setup, so you should have some files in the same directory as the .capx with suffix of .backup1, .backup2 etc and .autosave: see https://www.scirra.com/manual/61/preferences.

You would just need to make the suffix .capx to enable them to be opened in C2.

• I've been working in construct 2 without using the forums very much so i dont really get how to post my capx. When im editing a post it just has a line of text telling me to post it.

• Instructions for uploading the capx are in the "***MUST READ FIRST!*** Bug report REQUIREMENTS" post for submitting any bugs.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/must-read-first-bug-report-requirements_t61748

[quote:2zzc12tr]To save a .capx file, click "Save as single file" in the File menu. If you need a host, put it on a free Dropbox, OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) or Google Drive account. We are unwilling to use file hosts which require an email address to be entered, and services which throw up loads of ads or make us wait for a time limit test our patience; use one of those three linked services which are all free and allow immediate downloads.

Due to heavy spam on the forum, we have to block the posting of links for new users. If your link to the .capx is blocked, either remove the http and www parts, or insert * characters through them, e.g.

example.com/myproject.capx

or

h*t*t*p://w*w*w.example.com/myproject.capx "

• Closing, see the bug report requirements.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)