Unable to import a sound.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • Problem Description

I create a sound with Audacity. It's just a very short click. Export it to a WAV file, then import into C2. C2 locks up completely and can only be shut down via the Task manager. If I export other sounds (longer sounds seem ok) using the identical method, they work fine. This problem happens in a brand new project. It seems to be something to do with the length of the file?

I can't add the sound file as an attachment. Is there some way I can send it in as a test? It's not JUST this file. Doesn't matter how many ways or times I create a similar file, it crashes. But slightly longer files seem fine.

• Very short sounds are known to hang the AAC encoder, but there's nothing we can do about it, since it's built in to Windows and we can't easily replace it with a different one due to the patents on the format. I'm afraid you just have to make your sound longer by padding it out with silence.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok thanks. That did actually work. It's just a bit fiddly because I don't know how long it needs to be. I guess I'll work it out through trial and error

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)