Unable to Fully Import Sounds/Music on ANY capx

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
you can add, remove and reorder list items and many more
  • Problem Description

When trying to import sounds or music (in WAV format) from the projects window, the following program crashes:

"w7aacenc.exe"

Although the wav files are converted to .OGG's, they aren't converted to AAC. I have previously been able to import these files with no problem. I noticed this issue just a couple of days ago with the last beta build, but thought this build might fix it. I wanted to test it here before I filed a bug report.

Attach a Capx

Here are the sound files I'm trying to import, since this isn't specific to a CAPX:

http://threesevenhosting.com/misc/intro.wav

http://threesevenhosting.com/misc/sword3.wav

Description of Capx

These are sound and music files that I made using Family Tracker and SFXR.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• 1. Create a new project
    • 2. Right click on 'Sounds' or 'Music' from the projects window and import the files
    • 3. Select any OGG/ACC encoding quality
    • 4. Observe that w7aacenc.exe crashes.
    • 5. The following error message is displayed in the details column: "Coverted to OGG, but failed to convert to AAC"

Observed Result

File is converted to OGG, but not AAC

Expected Result

File is converted to both OGG and AAC

Affected Browsers

N/A

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 Beta Release r205 w/ personal lic

• Both files imported and converted correctly.

The wav is converted into OGG and m4a, as they should be.

• zenox98 - thanks for testing that. I wonder what the issue is then? I've been making and importing sounds and music quite a bit, and it hasn't been an issue this whole year..

• The encoding is done by your system (the m4a) so C2 can't be the issue. Something wrong with your system encoder maybe?

Try Google - see if others have any issues?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, w7aacenc.exe just uses the encoder built in to Windows, so it's probably that which is crashing. We don't have any control over the encoder built in to Windows, so if it does not work, you will have to use separate encoding software.

• Ashley - I've been really impressed with your level of personal interaction with everyone on the forum, and the time you take to look into quite a few of these bug reports.

That's all. Thanks man.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)