There is, I believe, a bug in rendering tilemaps. During runtime if you're in a layout that has a tilemap in it, with seamless mode "On", it renders just fine. But when you switch to another layout with (the same?) tilemap in it, with seamless mode "Off", it has this problem:
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
This .capx file has two layouts in it. The first one uses the event sheet, and has a tilemap object in it with seamless mode "On". The second layout has another instance of the same tilemap object, but with seamless mode "Off". The event sheet goes to Layout 2 5 seconds after Start of Layout.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Create a new project
- Add a tilemap with one of Kenney's Platformer asset spritesheets, or similar map, and give it the appropriate tile properties.
- Set the seamless mode to ON.
- Create another layout, and put another instance of the tilemap in it.
- Set seamless mode of the second tilemap to OFF.
There appears to be some glitch in the rendering optimisation of the tilemap in the second layout in Chrome and Firefox. In IE in the second layout I get a white screen.
The tilemap should render correctly even in the second layout, but it doesn't. Not that anyone would want to have two instances of a tilemap, each with different seamless settings. I became aware of this bug through accidental inconsistencies of my tilemap properties.
- Chrome: Yes
- FireFox: Yes
- Internet Explorer: Yes, but with a different outcome (white screen).
Operating System and Service Pack
I am using Windows 7 64-bit, Service pack 1.
Construct 2 Version ID
I am using r195 64-bit.
[EDIT]: I have updated the .capx so that Pixel Rounding is on, fullscreen scaling is Letterbox Integer Scale, and sampling is point.