Text boxes disappearing when project exported into a NW.js

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Problem Description

TextBoxes and buttons randomly blink and disappear when the project is previewed or exported into an NW.js project. They reappear when the user hover his mouse over the button or the textboxes.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

[1] Create multiple textbox

[2] Preview the project with NW.js

Observed Result

TextBoxes and buttons randomly blink and disappear when the project is previewed or exported into an NW.js project. They reappear when the user hover is mouse over the button or the textboxes.

Expected Result

To stay visible every frame .

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

windows 10 professional x64 fully updated.

Construct 2 Version ID

I'm using the last version of NW.js for C2 (january) and C2 beta release r424

• I put 3 text boxes into a layout, previewed with NW.js, and saw nothing odd. You should provide a *.capx and some additional information.

• graphics card model
    • graphics driver version
    • graphics driver release date
    • webgl enabled or disabled
  • I can't reproduce either.

• I have lots of games with text boxes that run fine in NW.JS.

Sounds more like you might have an event resetting your text boxes to blank when mouse is not over them.

I would check your events one by one.

Also check your effects if you are using masks.

• i've just made a bunch of text boxes in a new project with nothing in the project.

Well seems like it is a problem from my side.

here's an image of the problem. It's pretty simple.

https://snag.gy/Hx6CmQ.jpg

• First, upload your capx so the bug report isn't closed for not following the guidelines.

Second, have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

• i've just made a bunch of text boxes in a new project with nothing in the project.

Well seems like it is a problem from my side.

here's an image of the problem. It's pretty simple.

https://snag.gy/Hx6CmQ.jpg

OK I looked at the pic and it looks like you don't have any text in the boxes so of course nothing will show up?

Put some text in your boxes and try it.

That is not a bug and you might want to move this to the HOW DO I SECTION.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lamar text boxes like these should show up even without any text in them, like web form boxes.

• lamar text boxes like these should show up even without any text in them, like web form boxes.

Oops my bad- I thought he was doing a standard text. Yes the box should show up. Shows up on mine.

I just tested a text box in my game in NW.jS to make sure and it works.

Could be you have something moving to the top of the layer covering the text boxes when the mouse is not over them?

Would need to see a capx but does not look like a bug.

• I also can't reproduce. Since no .capx was attached I can't verify the actual way you are testing, which goes against our bug report guidelines, so closing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)