Text Box Issues

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Problem Description

1) Even though I have an event that sets the text box as always in focus, if it's off screen or invisible it loses focus. This prevents users from writing into the text boxes and have that data transfer into a text object or sprite font object. I'm assuming that this isn't by design, because disabling it when invisible or off-screen has no uses, as far as I can tell.

2) When I resize the textbox vertically down to a very small size (such as 1 or 0) the text is very small. When I increase the size again the size of the font doesn't increase again... in fact, I can't figure out how to set the size of the TextFont at all.

Attach a Capx

https://copy.com/A6hX2zycAA2Ry7EM

Description of Capx

This capx shows a text box which you can use to enter text. The text is then shown in a text object. Every tick the object is moved down 1 pixel so the user can see that as soon as it goes off screen you can no longer write anything. The same thing happens if you set it to invisible.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Link a text box to display its text to a text object.
    • Move the text box off screen or set it to invisible.
    • Preview the game and see that you can not write anything... but if it's on screen/visible, you can.

Observed Result

Can't write if TextBox is off-screen or invisible.

Expected Result

To be able to use a text box to type names, etc using the font object or sprite font object.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7 SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as won't fix.

1) is because the text box does not actually exist in these cases. There is nothing to focus.

2) is probably because you have "auto font size" enabled. Turn it off and set the css style yourself if you wish.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)