System save / load only working in preview

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • Problem Description

The system save and load function work in the C2 preview mode (nw.js) but does not work after exporting to nw.js

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r044qtsd6547p ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Press the space bar to simulate going to the next level, then save and load the game.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Run in nw.js preview mode. Press the space bar a few times to simulate going to the next level. Press save. Close the game, reopen and press load. The game will save and load as expected.

Export the project to nw.js. Press the space bar a few times to simulate going to the next level. Press save. Close the game, reopen and press load. The game save will not work. (I tested both win32 and win64 versions with the same result.)

Observed Result

Game does not save after exporting to nw.js

Expected Result

The game should save and load after export the same way it does in the C2 nw.js preview.

Affected Browsers

nw.js

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10.014393 Build 14393

Construct 2 Version ID

r241

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Works just fine here with the latest NW.js 0.19.2.

Note preview and export use separate storage, so if you save in preview and then load after export, there isn't anything to load. You have to save with the exported version first.

• Yes, I understand that preview and export use separate storage so that's not the issue. I am using an older version of nw.js because it was causing other issues with other games when I updated last time, so I rolled back. Maybe that has something to do with it. I will see if I can update to the latest version on another computer and test it there. Thank you for your help.

• I just wanted to confirm that after upgrading to the latest NW.JS version the system save works as intended. The issue persists in the older version. Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)