Srange platform behaviour

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • Problem Description

Why does the player sprite dissapear if you jump up onto and stay on a platform whilst the triggers are being activated?

Attach a Capx

http://planetserve.com/game/test/test.capx

Description of Capx

Adds and removes 'platform' blocks when the rotating device triggers an event.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Jump onto the first platform and then wait whilst the 'clock' cycles - the player sprite dissapears when the platform dissapears?

Observed Result

Jump onto the first platform and then wait whilst the 'clock' cycles - the player sprite dissapears when the platform dissapears?

Expected Result

I would expect the player to not dissapear but fall once the platform dissapears.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (not tested)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64 Bit SP 1

Construct 2 Version ID

212.2 Stable

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • planetserve

How is this a bug?

You are not creating and destroying the platform, but just moving them off screen, so if the player is on the platform, then he will be moved offscreen also.

Surely this is obvious. If you had a moving platform, would you expect the player to move with the platform or remain stationary? Same principle.

If you use System/Create to make the platforms appear, and then the sprite Destroy action, then the player will fall as expected.

see attached (r214) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34306693/planetservetest.capx

• Closing, zenox98's description sounds correct (moving platform support means the player will move with any object they are standing on), and the provided .capx link now returns 404 not found and the file is mandatory for bug report investigation.

• Hi Ashley, This was obviously not a bug so I deleted the file. Is that OK?

• Hi Ashley, This was obviously not a bug so I deleted the file. Is that OK?

Thanks for answering, but it would have been polite to let us know earlier to save Ashleys time.

• Sorry, my heads all over the place at the minute. In the future, I will think twice about submitting anything until I have my facts right.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)