Sprite Buttons are not Touchable

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

I’m using sprites as buttons, and would like them to toggle based on whether they are touched or not, which shows whether they are selected or not.

Sprite buttons intermittently do not recognise the touch event.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/527 ... tShop.capx

Description of Capx

The capx file contains a few images of png format because they have transparent backgrounds. The shop and the sprite buttons.

There are two types of sprite buttons, one is an animation and the other is just a single image that gets destroyed and created on touch.

When a sprite button is clicked it toggles to the selected mode which is either animation frame 1, or a second image.

I tried these two methods to see if it was the animation that was faulty.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Click on the glasses sprite button
    • Click on the no glasses button
    • Keep repeating this and you will notice that sometimes they do not toggle to selected Observed Result Sometimes the sprite button does not recognise the touch event and so does not toggle to selected. Expected Result When sprite button is touched, they toggle to selected, on every touch event. Affected Browsers
      • Chrome: (YES)
      • FireFox: (?)
      • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7 home premium sp 1

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 216

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just tried it and saw that you have a tiny collision polygon try making it bigger, that fixed the it for me

• HI TMsimonW, thank you very much for your reply! I didn't release there was a setting for the collision polygon. I assumed it was the bounding box. Thanks for letting me know about collision polygons.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)