[SOLVED in R248] 8dir-plugin wall-collision BUG

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • any update about this? i'm still waiting for a non-bugged 8dir behavior..

• NN81

I suggest posting this on C3's bug section too for immediate action. Scirra doesn't really prioritize Construct 2 bugs as much as Construct 3 bugs.

Instructions are stated here by Ashley :

You can also just redirect this bug report to your C3 bug report too so that Ashley can read this thread too.

I also agree that this is a bug, but I still think the bounce effect shouldn't be removed. Just have a boolean to enable/disable this feature.

This is very useful in high speed 8-direction movements. You'll get what I mean when you set the "Max Speed" to about 5000+ and "Acceleration" to about 2000+.

Think about this as an additional feature. We don't want other old/in-production games that take advantage of this feature to get broken.

I'm not sure if it's feasible but new conditions like "Is collision-bouncing" and "collision-bounce enabled/disabled" would be nice.

And a "set collision-bounce enabled/disabled" action too.

• I think this is caused by the same underlying issue as this bug: when hitting a surface it can sometimes stop with a small gap, since it stops as soon as the next step (which at high speeds is a visible distance) goes in to a solid. However with a lower acceleration, it then starts accelerating in to the small gap, and then hits the solid again leaving a smaller gap, which it can then accelerate in to again... this causes the "blinking" effect as it alternates between moving and stopped.

I've fixed the other bug for the next build so it stops within 1px of the obstacle it hit. Since this eliminates the gap and there's nothing to accelerate in to, it seems to also fix this issue as well. So it should be working in r248.

• we hope well. I look forward to the new release then.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think this is caused by the same underlying issue as this bug: when hitting a surface it can sometimes stop with a small gap, since it stops as soon as the next step (which at high speeds is a visible distance) goes in to a solid. However with a lower acceleration, it then starts accelerating in to the small gap, and then hits the solid again leaving a smaller gap, which it can then accelerate in to again... this causes the "blinking" effect as it alternates between moving and stopped.

I've fixed the other bug for the next build so it stops within 1px of the obstacle it hit. Since this eliminates the gap and there's nothing to accelerate in to, it seems to also fix this issue as well. So it should be working in r248.

collisions are still not perfect at 100% but at least the annoying problem is solved! well done.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)