Sine, Cursor and various R64 additions bugs

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Mouse cursor is something that the player controls and sees all the time, that's why it is so important to make it cool!
  • C2 r64; Windows XP SP3; FireFox 7.0.1; ATI Radeon HD 4870

Dual-core E5200 2.5 GhZ; 3,5 Go RAM

• Hand behavior - Setting the cursor's option to more than one object (when mouse is over the object) appears to only affect the last object. (Layout Menu/MenuSheet -> Objects c2Cog and mRotaSprite, events 9, 10, 12, 13)
    • Draging an instance of an object with the sine behavior from the "project" tab to a layout makes the object with the correct number of sine behavior, but their properties are to default (not to the properties the object was set at first). (Try dragging an object menu/mLogo to a layout. Both sine behaviors are set to "horizontal" with the default "4" seconds period, etc...)
    • The capx ended bugging the preview regulary (since I had the R63 /n bug in array.) It seems that resizing the array (in LangageSheet event1) and adding new entries, saving the project, previewing ended often as C2 just quitting, or raising a windows error. Messing with the frames of object also "helped" raising the preview error. (still this is very random).
    • Sprite - Initial Frame: setting the frame to a number that doesn't exist (too high) ended C2 crashing (with a windows error too). Related: deleting a frame in an animation that has been set, or leading sprites to have a not existing frame number setted caused the same crash.
    • Exported project, custom HTML page. When testing the game, (and especially in the final level) pressing "space" sometime takes to the bottom of the page. I'm not sure if this is a C2 bug, or a firefox bug, but it feels like the canvas lose the keyboard focus, and that space is a shortcut that takes to the bottom of my page. SPOILER ALARM (if you haven't and intend to finish the game, don't read ^^) --- To reproduce, play the game here on the menu/splash screen press "D", it takes you to the "Debug layout". In here click "Goto level5". It happens especialy with the dialogue with Ashley at the very end of the game. I changed my "dialogue" code for this one (level5 Sheet, all hapens in a couple of groups "Trigger1" and "AshDial2") compared to the "Phase" system of Level1Sheet. EDIT: Since I separated in two html files, one for the instructions and one for the game itself. On my resolution (1920X1080) it "corrects" the bug, as everything stands on a full page, with no slider on the side. I encountered this "bug" in several other entries of the contest though. ---

This is the capx of my entry (~840Ko) for the C2 contest (as it is with the whole project that the "Preview" bugs seem to appear).

There is a fair share of comments, but this was done while coding, when I arrived around 99 events to make a "Free Edition commented" version.

Nevertheless, I need to go through it again before making an "official" release (as I intend to), and a fair share of the code changed since.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36472942/construct/game/C2Comp/1.outerSpace/SJ_1.0/buggycapx/SJ_64_1.0.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Setting the cursor's option to more than one object (when mouse is over the object) appears to only affect the last object.

It's a bug in your events - remember the events are run top-to-bottom, and when the mouse is over mC2Cog, 'cursor is not over mRotaSprite' is true and sets the cursor to a hand. You probably want to use both 'cursor is not over mRotaSprite' and 'cursor is not over mC2Cog' in one event.

raging an instance of an object with the sine behavior from the "project" tab to a layout makes the object with the correct number of sine behavior, but their properties are to default

This is by design - when you drag from the project tab you get a default object. Use ctrl+drag in the layout to make copies of existing objects.

aving the project, previewing ended often as C2 just quitting, or raising a windows error.

Hopefully this is fixed in the next build.

prite - Initial Frame: setting the frame to a number that doesn't exist (too high) ended C2 crashing

Should also be fixed.

xported project, custom HTML page. When testing the game, (and especially in the final level) pressing "space" sometime takes to the bottom of the page.

I think I've fixed this as well!

Thanks for the reports.

• It's a bug in your events - remember the events are run top-to-bottom, and when the mouse is over mC2Cog, 'cursor is not over mRotaSprite' is true and sets the cursor to a hand. You probably want to use both 'cursor is not over mRotaSprite' and 'cursor is not over mC2Cog' in one event.

Silly me, I did not think about this one. Thanks for pointing it out.

This is by design - when you drag from the project tab you get a default object. Use ctrl+drag in the layout to make copies of existing objects.

Strange, for a second there I was sure that dragging other kind of objects kept the properties you had set up. Guess I was tired.

Thanks for the answers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)