Set Text To function glitches the text insertion UI in C2

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Problem Description

When you insert text object, and in the events do "Set Text to" with more text than the box allows, the DONE button and Cancel and Back all go nuts and switch places, go one under the other, you can't even scroll down to see the rest of the text, its limited to how big the entry box in the events is. And you can't vertically increase size of the entry, it limits itself for me, half of my screen.

Attach a Capx

Open any new project and paste a bigger text, for an example paste this posts text 4 times.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• New Text object
    • Set text to "text that is larger than the box"

Observed Result

Done, Back and Cancel buttons move about, one under the other and you can't find them on bigger texts. you have to scale down the entry box to see them again.

Expected Result

to behave like a normal text entry, to be able to insert at least 1000 words in the text by set text to function, to be able to scroll up and down no matter how big the text is.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Ultimate in Parallels

Construct 2 Version ID

r173

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • They are now constantly like this, for any event action insertion, even if no text. I'm going to delete everything and reinstall, to see if that would solve it. I already reinstalled but without deleting everything

• I'm going to reinstall windows 7, since I uninstalled, deleted appdata, cleaned out everything, and it still does it, on fresh projects too.

• Should be fixed in the next build, but you absolutely should not paste large amounts of data in to expressions anyway - use project files instead.

• I found a workaround.

I hope my annoying bugreport helped at least a little bit

Thank you for the fix on next update

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)