[r216] Family LOS bug

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of various zombie characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • Problem Description

The line of sight behaviour doesn't work if the objects are part of a family.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109 ... s_bug.capx

Description of Capx

Shows the difference between using a family and non family when testing for line of sight.

The green squares are in a family with the LOS behaviour added to it and the blue squares ain't. The code for both of them are the same. The UID of the squares that have LOS to the red square will be written in the appropriate list. So would expect these to have the same output.

When running the program its clear that the green square ignore the LOS test. Where as the blue square doesn't

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Start program.

Observed Result

Objects part of a family are not working correctly with line of sight tests.

Expected Result

That it would work the same whether the line of sight behaviour were added to the individual objects or the family

Affected Browsers

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7

Construct 2 Version ID

r216

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had this issue way before 216, but forgot to make a proper report, hope this will allow Ashley to fix it.

• I had this issue way before 216, but forgot to make a proper report, hope this will allow Ashley to fix it.

Yeah its weird how a bug like this haven't been reported a lot of times. Because you would assume many people would run into similar problems.

• I was about to post about this bug with a capx. Seems as if it still exists just as this post describes.

• Also had this problem before, but It was like months ago with my past failed game. There are other LOS bugs that I have encountered before, one in LOS AI with For Each or Pathfinding events. I will try to look at my previous game .capx to look for unsolved bugs if they aren't solved yet.

• This was a tricky one, but it should be fixed in the next build. Thanks for the report.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)