[r210] Windows 10 export build issues

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Problem Description

After building a Windows 10 export for VS2015, you can open the project in VS2015, however the package.appxmanifest only opens in Code Mode and not the designer where you need to upload your App icons and stuff like from Windows 8. Also I get the build error as you can see in the screenshot below, but once again even when I change the build version to 10.0.10240.0, it still giving me the same build error.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Professional Build 10240

Construct 2 Version ID

r210

• Never mind. Figured it out myself..

For those that have an earlier build of VS 2015 RTM or Community ( Prior to July 29th, 2015).. You will need to update your existing copy of VS 2015. Just download another setup file from https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs

• I just installed VS Community today (August 2) and I am having the same issue. I'll reinstall with just the options you have and see if that makes a difference.

• It should make the difference.. All Microsoft did was unlocked the ability to export when Windows 10 released on July 29th.

• I reinstalled VS Community, exported my project as Windows 10 Universal App, and opened the .sln file.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... hoto%2cpng for the image of the erro.

Unable to Load Manifest Designer

The Manifest cannot load because one or more of the files(s) has errors. Fix the errors then try the operation again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The final Visual Studio 2015 RTM version made a few changes to the Windows 10 project format. I've updated the next build to use the latest format, so that should fix it.

• I reinstalled VS Community, exported my project as Windows 10 Universal App, and opened the .sln file.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... hoto%2cpng for the image of the erro.

Unable to Load Manifest Designer

The Manifest cannot load because one or more of the files(s) has errors. Fix the errors then try the operation again.

Hi sbucci,

Check in your project if the Version textfield info follow this template 1.0.0.0 (can be any numbers you want but have to be 4 digits separated by dot)

You will also need to fill the ID, Description and Author, or it can cause errors during the package.appxmanifest loading and project build in Visual Studio

Sincerly,

Cédric Ricci

• The final Visual Studio 2015 RTM version made a few changes to the Windows 10 project format. I've updated the next build to use the latest format, so that should fix it.

Thanks, I'll give it another go.

• That did it Cedric

• I am still getting the version error that others had. I have tried re-installing VS, my version number is set to 1.0.0.0, I have a Author/Description set. Any other suggestions? (I am using the latest Scirra version)

• - this is a closed bug report, please file a new report if you still have trouble with r211.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)