I have been having bad problems with C2 in my project. I have been having crashes on my computer from lack of RAM due to this, and on 3 occasions I have lost work (Not too bad though, I make backups like crazy). I have replicated something that I hope you can resolve!
If you create many objects and delete them, the RAM usage of Node-webkit/Chrome, does not go back down.
Attach a Capx
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/776 ... yLeak.capx
Description of Capx
In this Capx, run it. You will see a blue box moving, that's there just to keep the engine flowing I guess, not too important.
If you tap space bar, it will toggle a value and cause about 9 sprites per tick to create. Tap space again to stop creating sprites and instantly delete them all.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Run project
- Open Task Manager and sort by Name to stop the processes from moving around and keep all processes staying together
- Look at the RAM values on Task Manager. Rather low and nice.
- On the project, tap Space to start spawning a lot of sprites, KEEP an eye on the RAM of the processes on Task Manager.
- Let the RAM build up a few extra 10's, maybe til the one that is rising reaches about 60 or 70 MB (Around 20000 sprites).
- Tap Space again to delete all the sprites and stop them creating.
- Look at the RAM. It does not go back down and remains at 60/70MB or whatever you tapped space at.
RAM usage stays high
RAM should go back down I think
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 64bit
Construct 2 Version ID
r206, but I know its happening on 207. I had to uninstall 207 as it broke something with the Paster plugin I was using and also created a weird smear effect when going fullscreen. I need to replicate the smear thing but it wasn't as urgent as this RAM bug.
I hope you can help. Thank you for your time, much appreciated!