R190 - Windows Store Certification Fail

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
  • Problem Description

When exported via Windows 8.1 or Universal app, it can't pass WACK's perfomance testing due to this can't upload appxpackages to Windows Store.

Windows Phone Store is not affected.

Attach a Capx

It doesn't need a capx, every project fails.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Make a project.
    • Step 2 Export it to Windows 8.1 or Universal 8.1
    • Step 3 Try WACK or try to upload packages to Windows Store.

Observed Result

It fails when WACK testing in performance test.

Expected Result

It must pass WACK to be able to upload.

Affected Browsers

NONE

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

R190

• What does the WACK test say? Is there an error message or some feedback from the test results? What made you conclude the problem was a Construct 2 bug and not a problem with WACK?

• Hey there Ashley sorry for late answer I was on a trip.

I added the pictures for this time.

As you can see it fails on every Bytecode generation test no matter what Construct 2 project it is.

It says that data.js file is the problem and when i put ; instead of : it works and no fails on WACK but then game crashes. (h*t*t*p://imgur.com/fKBTyF3)

I don't know why other Construct 2 users answered yet can you guys at least try this?

I tried to upload my project to Windows Store but it get insta-rejected several times.

• I have the same issue. Copied from the thread I added in the general forum and then suggested to add here.

I can't get past this and any help is appreciated.

When I run the Windows Store Validation it always fails with this:

Performance test

FAILED

Bytecode generation

•Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors:?File \\?\C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\35997SteveBucci.SantasRooftopRun_1.1.4.0_neutral__s4pn5d3b6neq2\data.js has JavaScript syntax or other problems.

•Impact if not fixed: As a performance optimization to accelerate JavaScript execution time, JavaScript files ending in the ".js" extension generate bytecode when the app is deployed. This optimization significantly improves start-up and ongoing execution times for JavaScript.

•How to fix: You may need consider one or more of these steps to fix the issue:

• Ensure that event logging is enabled
    • All JavaScript files are syntactically valid; otherwise exclude the respective files from the package
    • Please note that you should uninstall all previous versions of the app before deploying

Otherwise exclude the respective files from the package.

---

The data.js file is one long line of stuff. So, not sure if that is the syntax. I found you definitely can't exclude it from the project.

When running a debug in Visual Studio I get this

SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2efd, Could not complete the operation due to error 00002efd.

File: index-win.html

But overall that doesn't seem to actually effect anything in my game.

• I use WACK 3.4 , same errors, the same file data.js. Yet on Google Play the game works perfectly .. Microsoft pfff ....

• Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue, I'm unable to go past WACK testing as it gives me a Bytecode generation error. It says that data.js is the problem and when I tried to change ':' to ';' on data.js, the whole game blacks out. Before I got here, I tried with other construct 2 projects to make sure whether I was going wrong somewhere, and they all gave me the same Bytecode generation error.

Everything else works perfect.

Would be highly appreciated if you could help me guys

Thank you all

• What does the WACK test say? Is there an error message or some feedback from the test results? What made you conclude the problem was a Construct 2 bug and not a problem with WACK?

Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue, I'm unable to go past WACK testing as it gives me a Bytecode generation error. It says that data.js is the problem and when I tried to change ':' to ';' on data.js, the whole game blacks out. Before I got here, I tried with other construct 2 projects to make sure whether I was going wrong somewhere, and they all gave me the same Bytecode generation error.

Everything else works perfect.

Would be highly appreciated if you could help me guys

Thank you all

• I think this is the WACK tool being dumb; data.js actually contains JSON data, but it tries to validate it as Javascript code and fails. I don't know why, I thought JSON was a strict subset of JS code...

We can't just rename data.js to data.json because a lot of servers don't have a MIME type set for .json, so return 404 not found, and so will fail to run the game.

For the next beta I'll have a workaround and only use the .json extension on fussy platforms, but I think it would be worth telling Microsoft about this as well.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think this is the WACK tool being dumb; data.js actually contains JSON data, but it tries to validate it as Javascript code and fails. I don't know why, I thought JSON was a strict subset of JS code...

We can't just rename data.js to data.json because a lot of servers don't have a MIME type set for .json, so return 404 not found, and so will fail to run the game.

For the next beta I'll have a workaround and only use the .json extension on fussy platforms, but I think it would be worth telling Microsoft about this as well.

Hey Ashley,

I rolled back to Construct 2 -r184 and exported my game and ran the WACK test and everything works fine. There is no Bytecode generation error when I work with r184. I exported the same file using r-190 and I'am getting the Byte Generation Error. Thought of letting you guys know

Thanks Good day.

• Yes, the separate data.js file on export is a new since r184.

• I rolled back to r183 and was able to publish successfully to the Windows Store.

• This should be fixed in the next build (r191): it renames data.js to data.json so the WACK should not try to validate it as Javascript code. Closing, please file a new report if any issues persist in r191 when it's out.

• Would love to hear when this is fixed because I am having the same issues as everyone above. Currently going to roll back to see if i can get it to work with r184.

• jqquick223 - it's already fixed in the latest betas; when the next stable update comes around then everyone will get the fix.

• Ashley thanks for the follow up. I did notice that shortly after I commented. I have downloaded the newest beta and it works beautifully. Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)